Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
    http://www.discountmarinesupplies.co...yABEgI79vD_BwE

Roll on instructions are per manufacturer. Most YouTube restore jobs are roll on too. I was told it requires a special spray gun due to its thickness and must have a forced fresh air respirator to deal with once it's turned into a mist. Only professionals should spray it.

I'm no pro so that knocks me out!
    Thanks for product pic and link Froghunter. Looks like Discount has many boat repair products and is helpful to me. Keep the progress pics coming!
    Last edited by BigYoung; 10-01-2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Decided to work on the console today. Removed all the hard ware and add on's...kinda looks like someone hit it with buckshot!..... and yes there was sanding involved. Next is to fill all said holes and sand again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Officially kilt my second sander today.... they were both ancient, looks like it's time for a new one.

Comment

I have the exact same burn bar if you happen to need a replacement for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
            I have the exact same burn bar if you happen to need a replacement for some reason.
            I may hit you up on that. This one was homemade and not too pretty.

Comment

Picked up a new sander today and more paper. Not sure if I should be happy or sad....

Comment

I can't wait to see this one complete!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Comment

It may be a while!!!

New sander works great. No pictures but I got the holes filled and rough sanded out. Tomorrow I will work it down to 320 grit.

Comment

There she is. All slicked up and ready to prime.

Comment

Can't wait for you to finish this and get it out on the water.

Comment

You and me both!!

Comment

Looks good brother! Wish y'all were at the coast with us! Going fishing in the morning then after lunch we are going to meet up with the kids at seafair in Rockport.

If all works out we will have shore power by Monday. We are thankful to have the generator but so tired of running it.

Keep up the good work brother!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice job!!! Following!!!

Comment

Just ordered the epoxy paint and plan on making a fiberglass patch on the deck Saturday. Time change has really put a hurting on my progress.

Comment

This is the worst problem I have to deal with. Previous owner said a blister formed here. He cut it out and painted over it. After cleaning it up I found there is more glass under the paint. So hopefully this will be an easy fix tomorrow. Aside from cosmetics the boat is rock solid.

Comment

Working...
                                X