Charlie Robison Retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie Robison Retires

One of the members of the First Family of Texas Music---and a landmark musician and songwriter for a quarter century---shocked and saddened fans on Monday (9/24) evening when he announced that he's calling it quits. In a short note to fans, Charlie Robison let it be known that he will no longer be pursuing music.

One of the members of the First Family of Texas Music—and a landmark musician and songwriter for a quarter century—shocked and saddened fans on Monday (9/24) evening when he announced that he’s calling it quits. In a short note to fans, Charlie Robison let it be known that he will no longer be pursuing music, either in the studio or on the stage after suffering complications from surgery that have left him unable to sing.

Playing some of his final shows on the “Unleashed Live” tour with fellow Texas country stalwarts Jack Ingram and brother Bruce Robison at the first of the year, Charlie had been mostly out of the spotlight recently, leading to speculation about his health and well-being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a heartbreaker! I was just looking at his website trying to find out when and where he’s playing in the future and was curious why there were no dates. He will always be one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Comment

Buddy just sent me that, feel bad for him. Did a lot of dumb things with his music playing the background.

Comment

Glad I got to see him at Buck's Backyard this year watching from about 10 feet away.

Comment

Good songwriter, he can still do that... Read: Mailbox Money. Plus the family ranch needs tendin' to.

Comment

Dang it, this saddens me. One of my favorites for sure

Comment

New Year's Day, one of my favorites.

Comment

Charlie Robison Retires

Sad day for sure. Proud to call him my friend! [emoji106] his music will always live on!

Last edited by dstrong; 09-24-2018, 09:58 PM.

Comment

really hate to hear it. one of the best in person performers you could see

Comment

He has always been one of my favorites, and seems to be a heck of an outdoorsman and dang good follow on social media.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                        Did a lot of dumb things with his music playing the background.
                        This. Fun times.

The good thing with music is it will live forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowdark View Post
                          Good songwriter, he can still do that... Read: Mailbox Money. Plus the family ranch needs tendin' to.
                          Hear, hear

Comment

The first artist to get me listening to the genre. Lots of great memories (and things I can’t fully remember) listening to his music.

Comment

Kind of a kick in the gut. One of the absolute best. Prayers that his health gets better.

Comment

Working...
                              X