after we started answering the phone with
    "Sheriff's Office - Fraud Division"
    when it's an unknown/invalid number.

Originally posted by CaptJack View Post
    Telemarketer/scammer calls have dropped quite a bit
    after we started answering the phone with
    "Sheriff's Office - Fraud Division"
    when it's an unknown/invalid number.
    I have never received one that’s not automated so I am not sure how that will help.

Comment

I like it!

Comment

I jsut had one this morning. trying to sell me solar panels with a government rebate.

the guy was a yankee, and you could hear the call center noise behind him... phone number comes up from "george west Texas" .

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
          I have never received one that’s not automated so I am not sure how that will help.
          The ones with real people don't care about the law because they're not in this Country.

I think we need to hunt them down.

Comment

Got a call from Roanoke, Tx trying to sell me a home security system. It was prolly the 7th or 8th call from them. After my 9th call back to them they finally asked me why I had called back so many times. “It’s annoying isn’t it?!” Her response....”sir, we’ll put you on the do not call list”. They’ve not called back since

Comment

I give the phone to my 3 yr old grandson. Waste enough of their time and maybe they leave me alone.

Comment

I’ve gotten them from a female telemarketer in Greenville. She leaves her name saying this is Angela, we really need to talk. After the second voicemail and still no return call from me, she will call and let it ring only once. I DO NOT CARE that you are a WOMAN. It makes me no more interested in what you are selling due to the fact you are a woman. Because I have ZERO interest in any of it no matter who is selling it or what is being sold. Maybe it makes a difference with some of the dogs she is used to talking with. LOL I don’t know and don’t care!!!!!!!

Just leave me alone.

Comment

My personal favorite approach

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7OgWcwgB50"]How to deal with a Telemarketer by Tom Mabe - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                  X