Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apc10 View Post
    Nechanitz area.
    Nice. I dont know anything about the deer in that area. But it definitely looks good when driving through there...

Comment

Originally posted by apc10 View Post
      Nechanitz area.

Live in nechanitz. Really depends exactly where you are but there are some very decent bucks in the area.

Comment

This place is about 350 acres, with probably 70% heavy woods. This particular piece has not been hunted very hard in years (only a few times each season), but I've heard the neighbors do shoot quite a few animals. There are supposedly quite a few deer out there, which I believe after driving through, but the bucks disappear during the season. I'm guessing they go nocturnal, but I will find out more this year.

Our place in Rocksprings gives me all the deer meat I need, so this is going to be used mostly to just get out of the house for quick hunts when I have time. And maybe eventually get a nice buck.

Comment

Originally posted by belly_up View Post
          Live in nechanitz. Really depends exactly where you are but there are some very decent bucks in the area.
          I saw a nice 10pt in middle of the day off of Post Oak Rd last year when I was cutting across from 77 to 2145.

Comment

I've been seeing tons of deer around the house in Bellville. Lots of fawns also. Hope we get some rain this weekend!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
              I've been seeing tons of deer around the house in Bellville. Lots of fawns also. Hope we get some rain this weekend!!!!
              My fingers are crossed. Pastures are starting to get very dry.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                My fingers are crossed. Pastures are starting to get very dry.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                We've been catching quite a few of the storms as they roll through. But we can always use more!!!! So I'm praying too. BRING IT!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                  We've been catching quite a few of the storms as they roll through. But we can always use more!!!! So I'm praying too. BRING IT!!!!
                  We got 0.2" the other day in one of those storms, but we did not get any of the others. So we need it bad.

Comment

Dumped 0.15" out this afternoon. Lots of fawns on the game cameras. Hopefully, this week brings some good soakings. Our pond could use some makeup water.

Comment

We have seen quite a few fawns at our place in Warrenton. Just needs some rain.

Comment

Everyone get some rain?

From looking at Wunderground, it looks like our area got around 4"-5" over the last few days.

Comment

Originally posted by conroekro88 View Post
                          Everyone get some rain?

From looking at Wunderground, it looks like our area got around 4"-5" over the last few days.

1 1/8” out by the lake. We need more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looked like 1.1" or so this morning at the house. Not what I thought we'd get out of this, it just keeps splitting us. We need more.

Comment

That surprises me. The closest Wunderground weather station to us is less than two miles away and it got 6.5" over the last few days.

Comment

It's setting up over us now. We should be getting plenty rain for the next few hours it looks like.

Comment

Working...
                                X