Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell is wrong with kids these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
    Not sure who you would blame it on. There are six of us kids, all went to same elementary, Jr. High, and high school. Most of us had the same teachers .They are great with math. Raised all the same. And I to this day can not count change back or a lot of simple math with out my fingers or calculator ( failed third grade due to math). Spelling is not so strong either. Some of us just are not as bright as the rest. Frustrates me the most when they want to play cribbage, no way in h!! can I do it.
    Oh and by the way iam 54, so it's not just the kids today.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
      Maybe I have one at least that good. I went to Subway with a friend and he ordered a 6 inch sandwich. I was next and I ordered a 12 inch wheat. She said I am sorry, we don’t have that. OK give me the 12 inch white. She said I’m sorry we don’t have that either.

OK I asked, what kind of bread do you have? She said all of them. I said I’ll take the 12 inch wheat. She said we don’t have that........ we only have 6 inch and foot-long’s. We do not have 12 inch sandwiches.

My mistake… Give me the foot long wheat.

My friend look at me and said, I am just glad that I was here to witness it.
      im dying right now

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
        If you want to lose all faith in the youth just go read the comments section of Instagram and Facebook. 99% of them can't write a complete sentence.
        You can find that right here on this site

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
          My kids do more difficult math in 5th and 6th grade, than I did in 8th. I was in advanced classes and everything.

Common sense is being lost, along with interaction. Everything is able to be looked up instead of learned.
          Amen.

Comment

My kids go to school because they have to and for social interaction but i teach them what they really need at home. I work in an extremely technical field and a lot of the younger ones have a B.S. and cant problem solve. if its not memorized and cant look something up they are lost.

Comment

its not just kids!!

I go to order a number 2 at whataburger
              me:I would like a number 2 plain and dry with cheese
              old guy: what do you not want on it?
              me: oh I just want meat and cheese...
              old guy: I need to know what you dont want..
              me: I dont know what I dont want Ive never ordered a burger with anything more than just meat and cheese how would I know what they put on it!
              the rest of the conversation was him asking me from a list of things that could be put on the burger literally took 5 mins

it was a good time

Comment

All this digital crap is destroying our youth. I've seen studies that showed modern kids having reduced problem-solving abilities, because they're so dependent on electronic gadgets to do their thinking for them.

It's happening to us, too. Remember going to the store and looking at price tags, counting your change, writing a check, balancing your account, etc.? Now you just zip your card.

Some middle school teachers are reporting seeing kids that can't tell time on a face clock.

Here's a good one for you. A couple of years ago I stopped at a Sonic on the way home from dove hunting. As you know, Sonic has a #1 burger with mustard, and a #2 burger with mayonnaise. I like both on mine. I gave the order over the speaker, "I want a #1, but I want it with mustard AND mayonnaise." He asked me to confirm. I did: "I want a regular hamburger - a #1 or #2 - but I want it with mustard and mayonnaise both."

A few minutes later, this pimple-faced, scrawny kid came out with my burger. It seemed a little flat. I opened it and it was just a piece of meat and.... mustard and mayonnaise. Biting my tongue, I pointed it out to him. He whined, "but that's what you ordered, sir. A hamburger with mustard and mayonnaise."

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                  Who said anything about "raising people's" kids??

Schools are institutions of learning.. They do not teach anymore.. Our school systems have been politicized... Try common core math and get back with me..
                  Ask any senior how many quarts are in a gallon, how many inches are in a foot, how many pints in a quart, how many 8th's of an inch are in a inch.. The list goes on... And these are just the basics.. I learned these in the 4th grade.. It's greak to many seniors these days..

Angleton High school has done away with all vocations. No welding. No wood shop. No auto mechanics.. How in the hail can a school system possibly justify this??????? They can't.. Their answer was "we can't find instructors" bullshat!!!!!!

It's ridiculous.
                  The public school systems Are broken.. They are a politically driven sad site these days..
                  Not where I live .
                  Feds told them to put unisex bathrooms in or they wouldn't get federal money.
                  They said no and we don't need your money.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Local supermarket a couple of years ago.
                    20's something girl cashier.

I was buying a whole ham on sale.

Her: What is this?
                    Me: Its a ham.
                    Her: I thought ham was sliced.
                    Me: This is what it looks like before it is sliced.
                    Her: Does not matter anyway because I don't eat pork.
                    Me: I'm sorry because bacon is one of the tastiest things on earth.
                    Her: Bacon is pork?

Comment

Ohhhhh yet another thread about a declining generation, authored by those who raised them. It doesn’t take much common sense to pick up on the irony of this one.
                      Last edited by Buckley99; 12-08-2017, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
                        Hmmm, I wonder how those folks vote come election time.
                        IMO that’s the scariest part

Comment

When you sit there being angry about the kids. Remember what generation raised them....most seem to forget that

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            When you sit there being angry about the kids. Remember what generation raised them....most seem to forget that

Too many people didn’t raise them. There are a lot of factors that contribute to society as we know it. Then again I might just be a GOF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Funny thing is I run into plenty of people 40+ who are just as stupid. It’s not just kids

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                                Not sure who you would blame it on. There are six of us kids, all went to same elementary, Jr. High, and high school. Most of us had the same teachers .They are great with math. Raised all the same. And I to this day can not count change back or a lot of simple math with out my fingers or calculator ( failed third grade due to math). Spelling is not so strong either. Some of us just are not as bright as the rest. Frustrates me the most when they want to play cribbage, no way in h!! can I do it.
                                Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                                Funny thing is I run into plenty of people 40+ who are just as stupid. It’s not just kids
                                Yep, I'm one of them. Critter you're not alone. I cannot add, subtract, multiply or divide. Oh I can do simple,
                                small numbers in Two's, five's and ten's but that's about it. Numbers just don't work in my head. They get all jumbled up and confusing. Even though there's no real diagnosis for it, I call it numerical dyslexia.
                                My poor dad spent hours with me going through flash cards and hiring tutors and yet I still failed every math class. It's frustrating when everyone wants to play dominoes and all I can do is watch. My son is a genius, go figure.

Btw, I'm 61 years old.

Comment

Working...
                                X