GMC Denali vs Tahoe RST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GMC Denali vs Tahoe RST

Need to replace my current SUV. I have heard good things about the RST and I think it's the same engine that they have in the Denali. Found a great deal on a new RST Tahoe. Anybody own either of these?

Not a current model but my wife’s Denali is 6.2 and my last half ton Silverado had the 6.2... it would be hard to drive anything different in a gas motor. Even in those heavy pigs they will scoot.

Comment

My wife drives a 2013 Denali with the 6.2. It's been a great vehicle. Probably the best one we have ever owned actually. That engine is a beast.

Comment

MBV77 thinks that the Denali or Tahoe with the 6.2 and 10 speed transmission is the same vehicle. MBV77 says that Smelltheglove should go with the best deal he finds on either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope the 10 speed in those is better than the 8 in my Silverado.

Talk about a clinking transmission! If you goose it she’ll go. But in town slowly gaining speed you dang near get whiplash.

Comment

Just got an 2018 Yukon Denali. Love the thing. No experience with the RST, we didn't drive it. We drove the Tahoe LTZ and didn't like it nearly as much as the Denali. We felt the Tahoe was a little "plasticy" if that makes sense at all.

J

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
              MBV77 thinks that the Denali or Tahoe with the 6.2 and 10 speed transmission is the same vehicle. MBV77 says that Smelltheglove should go with the best deal he finds on either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Ha. Took me a second but I got ya. Thanks.

Originally posted by justhrowit View Post
              Just got an 2018 Yukon Denali. Love the thing. No experience with the RST, we didn't drive it. We drove the Tahoe LTZ and didn't like it nearly as much as the Denali. We felt the Tahoe was a little "plasticy" if that makes sense at all.

J
              It makes perfect sense. I know what you are talking about.

Comment

I wish they offered the 6.2/RST when I got my wife’s suburban ltz. 5.3 is a dog of dogs.
                Last edited by Texans42; 07-11-2018, 07:13 AM.

Comment

The rst A10 should be a beast...basically an LT1 power plant with killer brakes.

I have the A10 in both the ZL1 camaro & new F150 company & very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    The rst A10 should be a beast...basically an LT1 power plant with killer brakes.

I have the A10 in both the ZL1 camaro & new F150 company & very impressed.
                    I have heard that it's incredibly smooth.

Comment

Fit and finish in a GMC is superior to Chevrolet. Especially when you get into the top end models. Just my opinion of course.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                        Fit and finish in a GMC is superior to Chevrolet. Especially when you get into the top end models. Just my opinion of course.
                        Both built by the same people at the same plant.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                          Yep. I had a 2010 GMC 1500, and even though the dash was the same, it rode quieter than the Chevy, and when I took it in, I got better service than my friends who had the Chevy. Might be a one off case, but I would def got GMC over Chevy any day.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                            Both built by the same people at the same plant.
                            Maybe the Chevys get built late night when the robots run out of coffee. I don't know. I've owned both. I own a Denali HD now and I've rode in the comparable Chevy and it's just not as nice.

Comment

Originally posted by justhrowit View Post

J
                              My wife has the same one, I think that thing has a corvette engine in it, it will fly, really like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X