X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can sell it for processing fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You can't sell whitetail venison in Texas period.

You can give it to a friend of relative or donate to a food bank but you can't sell it.

Comment

All my venison and pork goes to the processor boneless---with the appropriate tag from my license.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
          I am not sure on the legal side of things for regular joe, but processors sell meat that is not picked up all the time.
          If they do, they are doing so illegally.

Originally posted by DeadEyeB View Post
          You can sell venison to a friend. You actually can sell venison to the public too, but you have to have it inspected. You can't sell uninspected wild game that's actually the law.

but as long as you aren't making a business out of it or selling to the general public you are fine. it's the same as selling any other private property to a private party.
          Nope.

"Sec. 62.021. SALE OR PURCHASE OF CERTAIN GAME. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (c), no person may sell, offer for sale, purchase, offer to purchase, or possess after purchase a wild bird, game bird, or game animal, dead or alive, or part of the bird or animal."

Comment

Donate it to said friend, he then drops some money on the ground that you find afterwards.

Comment

Sell it to him (illegal). He buys it (illegal). Then call the GW on each other...

Comment

I'll sell you a pencil for X amount of money, and I'll throw in this processed deer for free.

See how simple it is.........

Comment

Originally posted by Deathrow Jethro View Post
                  SMDH.....

What the hell kind of question is this? I mean c'mon, if your friend wants to give his friend money to cover processing cost, then NO BIG DEAL... Now if said friend wants to sell to public without properly gaining the right permits/legal process, then BIG DEAL...
                  I agree and approve of this message!

Good grief!

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                    Can someone LEGALLY kill a deer, get the meat processed, give the meat to a friend who then hands over money to cover the processing cost? Asking for a friend.

Not sure if if matters but let's say you gave the processor boned out meat so that a tag was not needed.

In my opinion, Yes.

The meat has been processed already, so there is no tag or resource document issue at hand (processor is “final destination”).

You may legally give the finished product to whomever you choose.

The recipient may reimburse you for the processing costs (which you’ve already paid out of pocket). You are not making any money.

Reimbursing someone for a service (processing) and purchasing a commodity (venison) are not the same thing.

A REALLY overzealous Warden may write the ticket. The JP will dismiss it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                      If they do, they are doing so illegally.

Nope.

"Sec. 62.021. SALE OR PURCHASE OF CERTAIN GAME. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (c), no person may sell, offer for sale, purchase, offer to purchase, or possess after purchase a wild bird, game bird, or game animal, dead or alive, or part of the bird or animal."
                      Perhaps they are just recouping the processing fees and any added beef/pork. I have never looked into it but processed meat that is not picked up I have seen go to someone other than the tag holder with money changing hands. Like I said, I am not sure of the legality. Perhaps a processor can chime in, hunters drop deer off and do not pick them up all the time.

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

Comment

You can sell the wrapping paper for the cost of the processing it just so happens there was meat inside.

Comment

Working...
                        X