No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ That's one fine buck. Good luck and be patient.

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
      Had my target deer within 30 yards at about 5:00 PM but he never offered a shot. I had 4 does at the feeder and he trotted in, busted them up like a covey of quail, and followed right behind them. I have a photo album of this buck but can't seem to get the shot I need. Second time I have had him at 30 yards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
      Stud right there!

Comment

Had my target deer within 30 yards at about 5:00 PM but he never offered a shot. I had 4 does at the feeder and he trotted in, busted them up like a covey of quail, and followed right behind them. I have a photo album of this buck but can't seem to get the shot I need. Second time I have had him at 30 yards.

Very nice! Takes some restraint to not force a shot when one like that comes in!

Comment

Thanks, he just never gave me a shot and was moving the whole time. I'm back in the blind this morning. Hopefully will get another chance.
          Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
          Very nice! Takes some restraint to not force a shot when one like that comes in!

Comment

Great looking buck..Better get him next cpl of weeks before the boom boom starts. Good luck

Comment

Boy do I wish I was hunting this morning. It’s a beautiful morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

"Lucky" Continues to evade us. Got one of our guys in my stand and at 7:05 I get a covert pic of the buck headed right by stand. He walked 10 yards in front of him where he could tell, yep that's him, then turned around and walked right back where he came from.

Bucks been at 3 members stands during hunting hours on weekends when they sat it out or had other things to do. He's slippery, but all stands full this weekend maybe he will slip.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                  "Lucky" Continues to evade us. Got one of our guys in my stand and at 7:05 I get a covert pic of the buck headed right by stand. He walked 10 yards in front of him where he could tell, yep that's him, then turned around and walked right back where he came from.

Bucks been at 3 members stands during hunting hours on weekends when they sat it out or had other things to do. He's slippery, but all stands full this weekend maybe he will slip.

What lucky look like? Y’all will get him this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
                    What lucky look like? Y’all will get him this weekend.

Hopefully. He's 4.5. Broke his right G2 right before he rubbed out, Q Mo has made it personal. He's been whipping him.

He's been back at Stew's the entire 2 first 2 weeks while he was in Africa just gettin fat.

False alarm on this morning though, just pulled card and its a new 8 point
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by EastTexasMan; 10-26-2018, 09:11 AM.

Comment

I really think the Bucks that show up when you are not there most likely wouldn't have been there if you were in the stand, They know when you're there most of the time .
                      They are smart buggers

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                        I really think the Bucks that show up when you are not there most likely wouldn't have been there if you were in the stand, They know when you're there most of the time .
                        They are smart buggers

At this time of the year when they are with does I think it’s all about luck. Having the right doe come in is all it takes

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
                          At this time of the year when they are with does I think it’s all about luck. Having the right doe come in is all it takes

Both correct!

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                            They are smart buggers
                            This is true, you never know. But I shot a 5.5 year old buck opening day on the evening hunt at a feeder at 25 yards that he had been visiting ever 3 days. I was hunting in crocs, had taken my shirt off and was sitting in a sweaty wife beater in the pop up because it was 80 degrees, after having peed out the stand from the after affects of a couple cervezas....I was being really sneaky

You can't kill 'em from the couch!

Comment

It really depends on your deer herd...I’ve hunted some places you could do no wrong the deer were just “dumb” or didn’t care...then like the place i hunt you can’t breathe the wrong way and they’ll bust you... I’d kill for some layed back deer

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                                It really depends on your deer herd...I’ve hunted some places you could do no wrong the deer were just “dumb” or didn’t care...then like the place i hunt you can’t breathe the wrong way and they’ll bust you... I’d kill for some layed back deer

Mexico is your friend

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X