No announcement yet.

Pros and Cons of Muzzle Brake on Hunting Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 300 Win Mag with a brake and it loud but fun to shoot.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just took mine off my 6.5 because it was ringing my ears WITH plugs... for sale. 5/8 x 24. PM me and I'll get you a pic.

Comment

I owned a 270 with a Boss system at the end of the barrel. Killed many a deer and other critters with it. I'm now paying the price with my hearing because of it. Always used protection at the range but not all the time in the woods. Last time I shot it a few years ago I made a huge mistake. I was in a very air tight box stand and did not get the muzzle all the way out the window when I shot.

After I picked my self off the floor after feeling like someone ***** slapped me I decided to sell it

Comment

I had a 300 weatherby mag built by kleinguenther it had one of his brakes on it. I shot it without ear protection once, It sent me to the ENT the next day my ears have been ringing ever since that was more than 30 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
            So I guess my major question to those who have them is, what style is best? The apa models look great. Any other suggestions?
            I have a APR with a Harrel's Radial. It is a lot quieter than the BOSS system I have had on my Brownings. It makes my 300wsm kick like a .243. And looks nice too. I like the clean look of the integrated brake
            Attached Files

Comment

My ears ring 24-7 have for the last 12 years
              sucks

Comment

Working...
              X