No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't you know it, I've been our of work since March and getting ready for bow season out of the blue a headhunter calls me. I asked them to Call me back at 430
    To see what and where they are thinking to offer me. I'm tired of moving around so unless the money's good enough I think I'll tell them DFW area or nothing.

Comment

This is really a wonderful lake and I am also planning to visit here and enjoy it.

Comment

This is my Christmas morning, so happy hunting to everyone and I hope your bag limits are all full.

Comment

Good luck to y'all that are going out this morning

Comment

Looking forward to a new year! I mainly lurk and don't post too much, duck hunters have to keep their secret spots secret :lol:

Good luck to anyone dove hunting today. I'd be very interested to know if anyone is seeing any teal down just yet. I've seen them on the Brazos and out West so they should be there.

Comment

I'm not a duck hunter so I don't really know but I did see a flock of what looked like small ducks close to the lake a couple days ago. From what I know teal are smaller than normal ducks right? Maybe that's what they were maybe not

Comment

Yessir, teal are small ducks. Any ducks on the lake right now in flocks of more than 2 are most likely teal. There will be a few resident mallards, most likely in pairs. woodies will be flying the feeder creeks at first light, but not on the main lake.

Comment

Originally posted by davidjones View Post
                  This is really a wonderful lake and I am also planning to visit here and enjoy it.
                  New member. And that was a short stay. 5 post total.

To all, there are no ducks on these lakes. Never have been, never will be. They don't like the water here. It gets their feathers wet.
                  Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-01-2016, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    What ever he did wrong, it didn't take him long to do it.

Comment

I checked out all 5 post. They're just like a lot of other new bones that start here. Only thing I can figure is maybe soliciting or inappropriate PMs. That is, unless he started an inappropriate thread. And it got pulled. Or he was a previously banned member under a new alias. All the mods have to do then is do an IP cross check. That's happened a few times on here. And why we're only allowed one alias.

Comment

I checked them too I figured it was probably a previously banned member

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

To all, there are no ducks on these lakes. Never have been, never will be. They don't like the water here. It gets their feathers wet.
                          There are NO deer either. All gone. But.....there are lots of HUGE rattlesnakes. 😊

Comment

So did anybody get any dove this morning?

Comment

With the storm last night, and expected showers in the AM, I didn't go today. But did get some boat mods finished up. Need to find a used foot controlled trolling motor somewhere now, that's in good condition. And I got a feller that's supposed to come mid morning to look at an old 1970 Evinrude 9.5hp I've got for sale on CL. I did take a trip down there a couple days ago with the pup to let her swim a bit. Lots of yearling does, spikes, and fawns with spots still. Saw a couple of old does. And a diller, if that counts . Didn't see hardly any dove anywhere.

Weather supposed to be really nice in the morning over the next couple days.

Comment

Didn't get to hunt this morning, shot and missed a few times this afternoon, try again tomorrow, and then it to the big A, where there are no deer, no dove!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X