No announcement yet.

2017 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I’d imagine that things should be rocking and rolling when you arrive. This cold front has deer on there feet.

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
      Thanks. I’d imagine that things should be rocking and rolling when you arrive. This cold front has deer on there feet.

Glad to hear that! We’re about to get off into the no cell service zone for the next few days. Good luck!
      I got a mature cull buck on the hit list, hoping myself or my cousin make it happen this trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

we had a slow MZ season. three deer and three hogs between our group of 7. our biggest was a 143" gross 9pt who was a celebrity on game camera this year.. ill try to get a pic up soon. I shot at a giant opening morning. no blood or hair. shiddy luck for me.

Comment

Didn’t see crap all day. Moved onto an northwest facing ridge and hoping my luck changes in the morning. Bumped some deer on the way out so I know they’re around. Might have to move my stand mid-morning and see if I can’t get closer to where I bumped those deer. They were in some thick stuff. I’m currently set up on the edge of some post oaks and a bunch of brush.

Comment

Deer are moving here in the tuskahoma area. Seen 6 doe this morning so far. Bucks seam to be night movers as of late.

Comment

Choctaw county checking in, very little movement even with the cold front. Bucks are all moving after dark, quite the lull occurring.

Comment

Originally posted by Texahoman View Post
                Choctaw county checking in, very little movement even with the cold front. Bucks are all moving after dark, quite the lull occurring.

Seeing a few small bucks and doe. They are still hitting acorns hard.

Comment

I saw lots of deer movement on Friday and Saturday. Had a buck come over the ridge I was on scent checking for does and saw another one chasing.

Comment

We've seen a few bucks cruising but nothing like when the cold snap hit two weekends ago. Seems like the deer are so set on acorns they aren't moving to food plots or feeders like they normally wood at this time of year. Two days left....[emoji106]

Comment

Reports from guys that have been there all week say the bucks are moving a lot better now, seeing more deer move especially bucks during mid-day. Saw a couple bucks making scrapes last 2 days. Caught this guy on camera mid day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

We just got back after a week of hard hunting and between four guys only saw a handful of bucks. I've owned the property for going on four years and never seen it so slow. Not just bucks but does too. Every deer we did see, was slow rolling through the oaks eating acorns and the rut basically **** down at my place. Hoping this weekend kicks back off as I head back up with my kids. We passed a bottle of Muscadine Wine around the fire and came up with several excuses but ultimately, we struck out good luck to everyone I personally can't wait for cold weather and acorns to spoil!

Comment

Heading north anyone else going up?

Comment

Good luck to everyone this morning! I’ll be in Three Rivers WMA all week, actions pretty hot right now.

Comment

Plenty of rifle hunters out this weekend. Had to run one off our property. Lots of pressure on the backside of our place, but managed to see 5 small bucks Saturday in the middle of the day. Trying to learn the new property this year has been tough especially with the acorn crop and the deer absolutely not touching any corn.

Comment

Been up since Saturday and been slow for us. Nothing coming to our plots or feeders, gotta be the acorns. Cameras show good movement around first of November. Hope others had better luck. We are still seeing bears on camera in November!

Comment

Working...
                                X