Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
    200 million a day in savings, for roughly 200 million drivers?

$1 a day savings per driver in this country... yeah, that'll turn things around.
    Not going to get into pissing contest with you. Doesn't matter who drives or not $200 million is $200 million . Multiply that out by 365 days . That does make a difference In any economy. Take some economic courses.

Comment

That's $73,000,000,000.00 being saved per year.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Doesn't matter that billions in salaries are taken out of the economy?

I guess I better hold on to my investments. The market is about to take off like a rocket! LOL

"Take some economic courses".... Who is it that was responsible for the banking failures in the last few years? And you said people in the oilfield were arrogant?

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
          Doesn't matter that billions in salaries are taken out of the economy?

I guess I better hold on to my investments. The market is about to take off like a rocket! LOL

"Take some economic courses".... Who is it that was responsible for the banking failures in the last few years? And you said people in the oilfield were arrogant?
          Arrogance is in all fields. I could go into detail over the failures and cause of the banking world.

Comment

What a bunch of nancies!

Signed, a wireline hand

Comment

Originally posted by JMalin View Post
              What a bunch of nancies!

Signed, a wireline hand
              Lmfao. Hard to breathe with your head so far up there? I bet the smell is awful.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                Arrogance is in all fields. I could go into detail over the failures and cause of the banking world.
                Should provide an interesting read of your opinion, if you care to share. Oil booms are just that with alot of history to support. Boom is over for the most part. You have to admit though, nothing pumps the economy up like an oil boom....

Comment

I just wish some of the younger ones would have saved some money. Reminds me of new storm adjusters. Remember seeing new jacked up diesel truck, Harley's , and offshore boats in the Offc parking lot back in 2004 and 2005 and then half of em were repo'd in 2006. Quoted a guy the other day that makes over 200k a year and I said hell save 15pxt and pay it in full for $2k a year. He looked at me like I was crazy and said I don't have that much in savings! Well your living way the hell outside your means my friend! When I chased storms alot I kept 2 years worth of savings in the bank. I could fish Fork and enjoy life for a year at a time no worried why everybody else was crying and parking their truck in the neighbors garage to dodge the repo man. Never stayed at home more than 8 months but that's cause I didn't work winters and said no alot. Killed alot of ducks and caught oodles of crappie though!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                    Should provide an interesting read of your opinion, if you care to share. Oil booms are just that with alot of history to support. Boom is over for the most part. You have to admit though, nothing pumps the economy up like an oil boom....
                    That deserves another thread but the Glass Stegall act and the Clinton administration opened up Pandora's box. The banking part of Wall Street and the investment side of Wall Street should have never met

Comment

Originally posted by JMalin View Post
                      What a bunch of nancies!

Signed, a short term wireline hand

There. I fixed it for you.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Everything will be alright
                        Last edited by Skinny; 12-19-2014, 06:23 AM.

Comment

What's interesting is yes I like that $25 dollars I am saving per fill up... That's 300-400 a month in savings for me. That savings multiplied throughout the us economy is about 200 million a day. Of course those closest to the pain hurt the most but there are millions of Americans who are benefiting from low fuel prices. These same American consumers will spend those dollars and put it back into the economy. The **** hole towns of south texas will revert back to **** holes same as the rest of the **** holes across the state and country. Hopefully the old timers and savvy saved and enjoyed the boom.
                          My company spends a lot of money every month on fuel in our service vans.

The savings for us is very significant. Got a lot of making up to do because the way fuel shot up in a relatively short time and stayed that way for the last 4-5 years. High fuel costs took away spending in other areas.

I do not think my business saw a benefit to the oil boom but we sacrificed spending money in other areas to keep on the road.

The high price of fuel hurt more than it benefited as far as I can tell in my neck of the woods!

We can see more from oil related jobs in Texas but for the majority of the country, it has not been that way.

Comment

And the oilfield arrogance is why many want it fail. And to think the economy can't flourish without big oil at ridiculous levels please explain the 90's for me.
                            What's interesting is yes I like that $25 dollars I am saving per fill up... That's 300-400 a month in savings for me. That savings multiplied throughout the us economy is about 200 million a day. Of course those closest to the pain hurt the most but there are millions of Americans who are benefiting from low fuel prices. These same American consumers will spend those dollars and put it back into the economy. The **** hole towns of south texas will revert back to **** holes same as the rest of the **** holes across the state and country. Hopefully the old timers and savvy saved and enjoyed the boom.
                            You sure seem to be taking this personal!

And why would anyone want any industry to fall or fail!

There are a lot of great people in the oilfield! We are a very large close knit family that bust their *** everyday working more hours than most could imagine in any and every condition sleet, snow, rain or shine.......

I have 175 employees most all of which are married and have At least one child....... So you do the math on how many mouths we feed each and every day with in our little company....... No matter what your opinion is, it's pretty chicken **** for you to "wish" our industry will fail.......

No matter what you think and for that matter, no matter what any of us think, this will effect our economy in a negative way!

No matter what happens us oilfield trash boys and **** hole town boys will find another way to grind our nose and work our *** off so you city boys can enjoy walking in your house turning the switch and your lights come on, getting in your car turning the key and it cranking and propelling you down the road to the pump!

I hope whatever it is you do continues to thrive and we wish you the best!

We gonna keep hammering and hang on as long as we can............ FYI..... I don't think this is going to last long! I'm predicting "based on what I've been told by some that seem to know" that we will see $80 oil by June 2015...... Hopefully it will stay there as everyone can win at $80 per barrel
                            Last edited by KR-oldmexico; 12-19-2014, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                              You sure seem to be taking this personal!

And why would anyone want any industry to fall or fail!

There are a lot of great people in the oilfield! We are a very large close knit family that bust their *** everyday working more hours than most could imagine in any and every condition sleet, snow, rain or shine.......

I have 175 employees most all of which are married and have At least one child....... So you do the math on how many mouths we feed each and every day with in our little company....... No matter what your opinion is, it's pretty chicken **** for you to "wish" our industry will fail.......

No matter what you think and for that matter, no matter what any of us think, this will effect our economy in a negative way!

No matter what happens us oilfield trash boys and **** hole town boys will find another way to grind our nose and work our *** off so you city boys can enjoy walking in your house turning the switch and your lights come on, getting in your car turning the key and it cranking and propelling you down the road to the pump!

I hope whatever it is you do continues to thrive and we wish you the best!

We gonna keep hammering and hang on as long as we can............ FYI..... I don't think this is going to last long! I'm predicting "based on what I've been told by some that seem to know" that we will see $80 oil by June 2015...... Hopefully it will stay there as everyone can win at $80 per barrel

Nope not taking it personal at all. Just find it very interesting. And no I don't want an industry any industry to fail but I am not naive to think the oil industry is immubne to cycles. Oh and I have never lived in a city either. And I also agree with you on the happy median with oil prices. My guess would be 75-85.
                              Last edited by BrandonA; 12-19-2014, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Nope not taking it personal at all. Just find it very interesting. And no I don't want an industry any industry to fail but I am not naive to think the oil industry is immubne to cycles. Oh and I have never lived in a city either. And I also agree with you on the happy median with oil prices. My guess would be 75-85.
                                And the oilfield arrogance is why many want it fail. And to think the economy can't flourish without big oil at ridiculous levels please explain the 90's for me.
                                I don't believe anyone has said or debated anything pertaining being naive about oil industry cycles..... This has been a discussion about a bust and the effect on the economy!

I agree with you and I promise you a level steady $75 to $85 oil is great for everyone. I can assure you I can forecast, budget and stream line my business much easier and feel more comfortable with a stable market....... Much the same and what would pale in comparison to the extent as to the ease and stability of major oil companies and their stockholders..... $100 + bbl oil is no good long term for anyone IMO!

Btw you basically live in Austin IMO so yes you are considered a city boy and looks like they are rubbing off on you! LOL I kid I kid..... Kinda

Comment

Working...
                                X