GRXH 2017, March of the Deplorables!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pbaird View Post
    I am new to this forum. Wanting to get into hog hunting and looks like you guys know what you're doing for sure!!! I live in Salado and don't really have much camping gear at all. Do you guys have any local guys that come each day and then leave in the evening only to come back the next morning due to not having camping gear? What would be a good list of necessities to bring for me? I appreciate any help. Being new, I really would love as much information as possible from you guys as it appears you know this area etc...

This particular weekend (Feb 17-19) is the Granger Ranger Xtreme Hunt. There is no leaving and coming back. Too much temptation to buck the rules of having no outside food. You bring whatever gear you think will get you thru a couple of nights and days.

That being said, if this wouldn't be your thing, there are guys that go out there quite often for the day to hunt. Look in the public land hunting forum here and find the Official Granger Hunting page. Lots of good info in there for you.

Comment

Count me in for GRXH 17. I am a loser without a boat so I will need a ride.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I am new to this forum. Wanting to get into hog hunting and looks like you guys know what you're doing for sure!!! I live in Salado and don't really have much camping gear at all. Do you guys have any local guys that come each day and then leave in the evening only to come back the next morning due to not having camping gear? What would be a good list of necessities to bring for me? I appreciate any help. Being new, I really would love as much information as possible from you guys as it appears you know this area etc...
        I have a spare tarp, sleeping pad and sleeping bag I can bring [emoji1]

Comment

You lose me every year with Rule #1!

Y'all have fun, and stay out of the fire!!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
            He's serious this time! I'm going to Roofy Pepper this year......
            Unfortunately I can't make it this year... you'll have to wait till next year. And I didn't roofy y'all, it's not my fault that you put$$y$ can't hold your drinks!! Lol!!

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Plan in coming, we have plenty enough gear for you to have what you need while on the ground. Hell, Stone Cold Killa alone brings enough gear for three people!

I have a couple of tents, a sleeping bag and a sleeping pad. Come on out, we got ya covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Txpepper View Post
                  Unfortunately I can't make it this year... you'll have to wait till next year. And I didn't roofy y'all, it's not my fault that you put$$y$ can't hold your drinks!! Lol!!
                  C'mon Man, you ain't serious? Who else is going to call my name at 2 AM, looking for some "cuddle" time? For the record, I can hold my drinks.......it's the waking up 15 ft. From my tent, looking up at the stars wondering how the hail I got there feeling and hangover I don't like.

Comment

Thank you guys for all of the information. I much better understand the idea of the weekend now! Sounds like an awesome time. I am the athletic director here at our school and that weekend I also have playoff basketball games, softball, and baseball scrimmages in the evenings etc that I have to be the administrator for is why I was asking about the come and go procedures. No worries I know you guys will have a blast. I definitely want to meet up with you at some point just to gain knowledge and see what works to help me out!
                    Thank you again to everyone. Sounds like a fantastic group!

Comment

Paintman,
                      Thank you for the PM. I am currently not able to respond via PM as I don't have the required 15 posts yet to do so. So just shooting a reply on here. I would love to join you guys soon and see what works and where to go, learn how not to get in anyone's way etc...
                      If you get a free minute shoot me a text and maybe we could set something up for after Christmas as I am out of town until then.
                      Contact info: Paul Baird - 817-408-7541
                      Thanks in advance. Hope you all have a great Christmas!!!

Comment

Are you allowed to attend GRXH if you don't drink? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post

Yes, although you'll just be more miserable if there's a lack of food!

I went on an almost two year alcohol free experiment. Waste of time, not fun. Beer is good. Your mileage may vary.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post

Of course, and bring a camera. As you will be the sober one we will put you in charge of pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                              Of course, and bring a camera. As you will be the sober one we will put you in charge of pictures.
                              Designated Blackmailer.... muhahaaahahaahha

Comment

Originally posted by Txpepper View Post
                                Do I need to ask Lauren for permission for you??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X