Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Brandon

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Great buck .....Olan Mills would be so proud of those pics my friend..

Slower than normal for us at Christoval. That 8" of rain last week and then 4-5" two weeks prior was a killer evidently. Feeder activity has slowed down due to the green. Place is as green as I've seen it since the drought breaker the day before the opener in 2012. Lush green all over plus the rain and wind knocked down a a good amount of acorns. Hunts were slow so my buddy and I decided to cut our hunt scheduled through Tuesday short to save vacation and time away for a little better activity. 2nd time in 11 years I've done that on the opener but we aren't in any hurry to shoot anything we have seen on camera to date. The other time was, of course, in 2012...
        Last edited by Smart; 09-30-2018, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
          Here’s a few pics.

I’ll get the story and video up pretty soon.

[ATTACH]926758[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH]926759[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Congratulations Brandon, really nice buck.
          I stayed home for my Grandsons birthday, try and get in the stand next weekend.

Comment

Things were slow around the Vancourt area, still had a few at the feeders but they left corn on the ground. Had two young and up coming make me have to change my drawers lol. Walking out and they were bedded about 75 yards behind my stand, never saw them until I was about 30 yards from them and they blew up and ran. Not a good thing when you have snake on the brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Great buck .....Olan Mills would be so proud of those pics my friend..

Slower than normal for us at Christoval. That 8" of rain last week and then 4-5" two weeks prior was a killer evidently. Feeder activity has slowed down due to the green. Place is as green as I've seen it since the drought breaker the day before the opener in 2012. Lush green all over plus the rain and wind knocked down a a good amount of acorns. Hunts were slow so my buddy and I decided to cut our hunt scheduled through Tuesday short to save vacation and time away for a little better activity. 2nd time in 11 years I've done that on the opener but we aren't in any hurry to shoot anything we have seen on camera to date. The other time was, of course, in 2012...
              Same for us. Really slow on hunts and cams. Tortured my boy with a couple hunts that were all 2 and 3 year olds. Hes ready to go back though.

Mosquitos and flies were as bad as ive seen them at our place. Still standing water all over in the low spots.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                Same for us. Really slow on hunts and cams. Tortured my boy with a couple hunts that were all 2 and 3 year olds. Hes ready to go back though.

Mosquitos and flies were as bad as ive seen them at our place. Still standing water all over in the low spots.

LOL...poor kid...

We luckily has no issues with mosquitoes but the flies were as bad as you said. It has gotta suck to be a cow this time of year.

Comment

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Seen a lot of bucks yesterday including a old buck I’ve had on camera for several years but never seen him in person at my Feeder,until yesterday evening. Here’s a short video of him https://youtu.be/c2dArVMVvIY

Looks like springtime in the pasture.

Planted wheat/oats today on my land.
                  Should make for some good mid/late season hunting I hope.

Last edited by KingsX; 09-30-2018, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Congrats on the ghost

Comment

Congrats on the nice deer this weekend. I shot a rattlesnake too this weekend. Be on the lookout! Rancher said he only seen 4 or 5 in the last 7 years. Sounds like he may be due for a bad year.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
                        Seen a lot of bucks yesterday including a old buck I’ve had on camera for several years but never seen him in person at my Feeder,until yesterday evening. Here’s a short video of him https://youtu.be/c2dArVMVvIY

Jeremy that old bucks gut looks like mine walking around! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                          Jeremy that old bucks gut looks like mine walking around! Lol

Lol. He’s been eating good for awhile now.

Comment

Is it rude to hope someone’s feeder clogs up for a few days

Comment

Congrats again Brandon on a beautiful buck.

It was pretty slow this weekend all in all. 3 does and 1 hog killed from 8 hunters. The land owner is telling us the river/creeks were the highest he has seen them in 20 years during the last spout. Lease mate ended up losing 3 feeders and bending up his pen severely.

Water was up high enough to take the carpet off the platform and wash it away. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1766.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	24555244
                              Here is a picture before the camera went under. Every feeder was plum full 3 days before the big rain.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0696.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	24555245
                              I’m 6’1 and standing on the concrete bridge. If you look above me, you can see the prickly pear in the tree.

Stepped within inches of about a 4 ft rattler walking out Saturday evening. Might have changed my drawers when I got back to camp.

The amount of acorns are absolutely ridiculous. Almost every tree looks like green carpet underneath.

Comment

Lol. He’s been eating good for awhile now.

Well know who it was when the batteries wires are switched ! Ha

Comment

Working...
                                X