No announcement yet.

Timber Rattler got my dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for your loss, just wondering had he been getting rattlesnake vaccination and booster each year. My lab's been getting it and wondering if it really helps. Vet says sometimes it will, sometimes not.

Comment

Very sorry to hear this!!

Comment

Very saddened to hear about your dog.

Pay my way there, feed me and give me a place to sleep, and I will do nothing but kill rattlers until the cows come home. I am not an enemy of snakes, but I LOVE dogs. Stopped traffic today in a busy street and saved a terrier and a Schnauzer from certain death and got them back home to a crying Mom.

Coyotes and rattlers can all take the dirt nap as far as I am concerned.

On a side note, I had a friend tell me one of his buddie's dogs got bitten by a rattler and to save him the vet gave him a blood transfusion. Now I am not a vet, and I don't know his friend, but if this is true it would certainly be less expensive than antivenom.
        Last edited by cuttingedge; 06-14-2018, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedge View Post
          Very saddened to hear about your dog.

Pay my way there, feed me and give me a place to sleep, and I will do nothing but kill rattlers until the cows come home. I am not an enemy of snakes, but I LOVE dogs. Stopped traffic today in a busy street and saved a terrier and a Schnauzer from certain death and got them back home to a crying Mom.

Coyotes and rattlers can all take the dirt nap as far as I am concerned.

On a side note, I had a friend tell me one of his buddie's dogs got bitten by a rattler and to save him the vet gave him a blood transfusion. Now I am not a vet, and I don't know his friend, but if this is true it would certainly be less expensive than antivenom.
          Timber rattler's are protected in Texas, so if you go on a Timber rattler killing spree, you might want to keep it on the down-low.

Very sorry to read about your dog redfishted. We have a small poodle that loves to hunt. We won't let him out without keeping an eye on him because we fear he will come across a venomous snake.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss. Hate loosing a good friend.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
              Timber rattler's are protected in Texas, so if you go on a Timber rattler killing spree, you might want to keep it on the down-low.

Very sorry to read about your dog redfishted. We have a small poodle that loves to hunt. We won't let him out without keeping an eye on him because we fear he will come across a venomous snake.
              I actually meant relocate them to a place that would be safe for them and less likely to harm dogs or people.

Coyotes though... fair game

Comment

Very sorry for your loss!

Lost my boxer on Christmas Day, still miss him a ton.

Comment

I read your OP when it first posted and it was one of the reasons I started a thread on Posting Your Best Buddy (canine) pics. So take my OP as a recognition, me too, of losing a GREAT friend.

RIP and hope you are doing ok...it's tough, been there!!

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedge View Post
                    I actually meant relocate them to a place that would be safe for them and less likely to harm dogs or people.

Coyotes though... fair game
                    I knew that is what you meant!

Comment

There aren’t many things worse than losing a good dog.

Comment

Sorry for your loss, hope you got that rattler good.

Comment

Sorry for your loss

Comment

I'm in the Trinity river bottom, southeast of Centerville, and we've got 'em pretty bad.

Comment

Working...
                            X