Some people......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people......

Have the craziest mindset. I just had a guy ask me if I heard about the guy that came at the cops with a knife and got killed and now riots are happening. I don't even pay attention to that at this point because it's the same song and dance and I get tired of hearing it.

The guy says "Well I don't see why they had to do it that way. They should have shot him in the hand and wounded him."

So I said "He wasn't trying to wound that cop. If someone comes at me with a knife I'm shootin him in the face."

He didn't say much after that. The dude doesn't know me yet wants to make small talk and somehow expects me to agree with his idiotic beliefs on the subject. Sorry fella. I'm just waiting to get breakfast like everyone else. That doesn't make us the same.

Shoulda pulled your pocket knife & start running / screaming at him...perspective helps.

Comment

Originally posted by artos View Post
      shoulda pulled your pocket knife & start running / screaming at him...perspective helps.
      lmfao

Comment

You should've just asked him how many times he's shot knives out of an attackers hands or how many times he's disarmed a knife wielding attacker.
        Or since he's such an expert on the subject matter that maybe he should be the one training our officers or sign up for a gun and a badge himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          Shoulda pulled your pocket knife & start running / screaming at him...perspective helps.
          Yeah I don't think that guy has ever been in a street fight let alone a fight for his life or he would know that stuff isn't staged. Good luck shooting someone in the hand when they're swinging a knife at you Wyatt Earp. That's what I should have told him.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
            You should've just asked him how many times he's shot knives out of an attackers hands or how many times he's disarmed a knife wielding attacker.
            Or since he's such an expert on the subject matter that maybe he should be the one training our officers or sign up for a gun and a badge himself.
            After I realized he was way out in left field I was straight to the point. It obviously worked because my stance on it made him stop talking. He felt uncomfortable I could tell. That's how it works sometimes when you start a conversation like that with a complete stranger. You're bound to run across someone that doesn't agree with you.

Comment

Sounds like he was repeating a narrative that the MSM kept saying regarding the situation.

Comment

Was that guy a TBH member on here that goes by the name of....oh never mind, it doesn't really matter.

Comment

Man doesn’t have to have a gun to be deadly. Play stupid games win stupid prizes

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    Sounds like he was repeating a narrative that the MSM kept saying regarding the situation.
                    Almost sounded like he watches too many Westerns.LOL

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
                      Man doesn’t have to have a gun to be deadly. Play stupid games win stupid prizes
                      And yet you are voting for the guy that thinks part of police reform is to train Cops to shoot for the knee....

You are right OKRATTLER, some people, sheesh....

Comment

Yep....the ol’ “shoot’em in the hand” trick shot they teach at all police academies....

Comment

HAHA...legit good idea.

Comment

Force on force training can be pretty eye opening to a non close minded person and even some close minded people.

It’s easy to armchair QB a deadly force situation but stuff happens in the blink of an eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I left out probably the best part. I was pretty much done talking about the whole thing and I thought he was because he was standing there in silence. After about 2 minutes he looks at me and says "They didn't have to shoot him that many times." I shrugged my shoulders and not another word was said.

I'm pretty set in my ways as I'm sure most of us are. I don't know if the guy wanted to come to an agreement on something at least or what but I really didn't care. He knows now. I wasn't trying to make the situation awkward, which it wasn't for me. But I was done talking about it. And I really don't care how many times they shot the dude. Shoot as many times as you have to if someone's trying to kill you as far as I'm concerned.

I just amuse myself sometimes when I'm put in situations like that. I have a way of shutting things down pretty quickly and I don't really have to say a lot. I'm pretty quick witted and I don't think people really expect it because I guess I don't look like I would be. He thought he was gonna sneak one in in me.....nope.
                              Last edited by okrattler; 10-28-2020, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X