A shot in the dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A shot in the dark

I havnt shot much in the last month or so and have noticed my accuracy declining when I did get time to shoot a few. I came to the conclusion that It was lack of focuse and possibly form related. So this evening when it was getting dark I grabbed a flashlight and shined it on a target and stepped off 17 yrds. It's amazing what you can do when you don't think and all you do is focuse on the spot. I guess this old dog can still hunt.!! Hee hee!!

I just got in from shooting myself and I agree. Having to look hard and with both eyes open is challenging.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

That should work...........as long as that was the dot you were looking at!

Bisch

Comment

Try using a laser pointer with the red dot on the target bag, I did this years ago in total darkness

Comment

Dude, you missed like 6" to the right on every shot!

Comment

Bisch and Jeff, that's enuf outta u 2!!! Lol
            I had my light sitting on that old block and that was the spot I could see the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
              Bisch and Jeff, that's enuf outta u 2!!! Lol
              I had my light sitting on that old block and that was the spot I could see the best.
              Well, if I had posted that pic, I'd be saying about the same thing!

Bisch

Comment

I give up!!

Comment

Good shooting!! That's just the east tx in ya. It's normal to shoot better at night.[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                    Good shooting!! That's just the east tx in ya. It's normal to shoot better at night.[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    And he used a spot light to boot![emoji33]

Comment

Lmbo

Comment

I normally do set up a light. Tonight I just turned on the patio light and it barely illuminated the target enough to see the 3" dot in the middle. I need to work more on shooting with both eyes open. Does anyone shoot with both eyes open?

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          I normally do set up a light. Tonight I just turned on the patio light and it barely illuminated the target enough to see the 3" dot in the middle. I need to work more on shooting with both eyes open. Does anyone shoot with both eyes open?

I shoot with both eyes open with bow, rifle and shotgun. Always have.

Comment

Now you are ready to hunt East Texas

Comment

So were you leading the center dot? Great shot for a squirrel

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X