No announcement yet.

Our own slice - "Los Setenta Ranch"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome looking place, congratulations! has a lot of character for 70 acres, good buy

Comment

Originally posted by MNK View Post
      awesome looking place, congratulations! has a lot of character for 70 acres, good buy
      Thank you! It's been an awesome adventure so far!

Comment

Got my soil sample back and it needs some help. Looks like I’ve got some work to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good Friday Trip to the Ranch!

Well, I made the trip to the ranch on Friday to check cams, fill feeders, and plant the spring plot. I used my new to me atv harrow and it worked for 2-3 circles in the plot area before the top link/leveling arm broke. It was rusted out on the inside. I had some cheap small chain that I had brought to hook to my drag after I planted, so I tried to see if it was strong enough for pulling the plow. It made it about 8 trips around before the chain broke as well. So, I'll be picking up another leveling arm this week and going back on Saturday to finish plowing.

Had a handful of deer hitting the feeders and it looked like 1 of the deer had some antlers starting to grow. That deer had about a 2"-3" antler sticking out on both sides.

Will post some pictures here tonight.

Also, had some people riding horses through on the power line ROW. Not sure what they were doing. I did have some loose horses on my place a couple of months ago so they may have been looking for them. I need to close up the small little gap they came through by the rail road.

All in all, I have a never ending list of things I need to do at the ranch. Good thing I have enjoyed every bit of it!

Comment

Before plowing

I think I’m going to have to plow in one direction then plow the whole thing once more in the opposite direction.

After

And, the broken top link/leveling arm assembly.

Comment

Keep at it, beautiful place. The first time plowing is tough on equipment but after you bust that ground once it’s twice as easy the next time in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                Well, I made the trip to the ranch on Friday to check cams, fill feeders, and plant the spring plot. I used my new to me atv harrow and it worked for 2-3 circles in the plot area before the top link/leveling arm broke. It was rusted out on the inside. I had some cheap small chain that I had brought to hook to my drag after I planted, so I tried to see if it was strong enough for pulling the plow. It made it about 8 trips around before the chain broke as well. So, I'll be picking up another leveling arm this week and going back on Saturday to finish plowing.

Had a handful of deer hitting the feeders and it looked like 1 of the deer had some antlers starting to grow. That deer had about a 2"-3" antler sticking out on both sides.

Will post some pictures here tonight.

Also, had some people riding horses through on the power line ROW. Not sure what they were doing. I did have some loose horses on my place a couple of months ago so they may have been looking for them. I need to close up the small little gap they came through by the rail road.

All in all, I have a never ending list of things I need to do at the ranch. Good thing I have enjoyed every bit of it!

Thanks for the update! It’s all about the journey and the memories we make so enjoy it.

In for how the plots end up.

Comment

I have had that happen a time or two! Looking forward to the plot results!

Comment

Finally got the plot plowed. Planted the Turner seed spring mix and I screened the plot with Egyptian wheat. Started getting rain right when I pulled out of the gate. Supposed to get a bunch of rain this week too. [emoji1695][emoji1695][emoji943][emoji943]

Comment

Should work out nicely!

Comment

Looking good! You shouldn’t have to worry about the rain. It’s going to pour this week. Nice timing.

Comment

congrats on the place.. Keep up the hard work

Comment

Thanks, guys! Yep, looks like it's going to pour this week. Calling for close to 2" tomorrow, 1.5" Wednesday, and another .5" the following two days. Should be perfect timing! I'll post some pics when I get back out there.

Comment

Lookin good brutha!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                                Lookin good brutha!

Thanks, brother! It’s been fun so far!

Comment

Working...
                                X