No announcement yet.

Going Live in Unit 11 Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great story and a great ending. Congrats on toughing it out and the meat. I get cold at 50* now.

Comment

So here is the recap on the doe. Get to Kansas on Saturday 11/10 and spend the night in a hotel. Get Sunday load and head to my friends property. He gave me instructions to get to a stand so I follow them to a ladder stand in the timber. I dump outv5 gallons of corn and get on stand. I was in the stand by 1:15 and at 1:25 hear foot steps. I look to the north and have a doe 4 yards from me. Shocked to say the least.
      By dark I have watched 12 deer on the hand corn including one full 7 point. Excited about this stand I decide I decided to hunt it Monday morning. We woke up to snow falling and cool tem and s, upper 20s. Daylight breaks I there were deer back on the form, well what was the left. I had constant movement of does all morning and counted 19 deer total, two being yearling bucks. The last two were moving north to south and the 18th deer seen came in and offered a great 17 yard slight quartered shot. I drew, settled the pin and shot. As soon as I shot I knew it was high. I watched it hit with a loud TWACK, and she mule kicked and took off. Not 30 seconds later I heard the crash.
      I have heard about tracking in the snow but never experienced it. It really is a GREAT Experience. I tracked about 30 yards and found here on a dead fall. The Rage Hypidermic did a number on her.
      Got her her to the house got her checked in, and weighed. She dressed out at 118 lbs.

Total dressed weights of my doe and buck came in at 276 lbs of dressed deer. The Land of Giants has again filled my freezer.

Thanks for following. Those have never experienced Kansas hunting, DO IT. You won't regret it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!! Can’t always expect a booner when you only have so much time to hunt. You got it done nonetheless!

Comment

Nice pics.

Comment

To top off my vacation, I drove to Troy, Texas this morning for my grandson's last Youth Football League game. He has played for the Hewitt Broncos the last three years and now will age out. Last two years they made it to the Superbowl, losing the first one, winning the second. Last year their team was undefeated and allowed ZERO points.
              Well they did not fair as well this year and played for 3rd place. My grandson, Tyson, scored 2 TDs, one running one receiving and had 2 interceptions on defense. Broncos won it 33-21, to take 3rd place in their league.
              Kansas deer harvest and watching my grandson play a GREAT game made this an AMAZING vacation

Last edited by Bowanta; 11-17-2018, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Awesome

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes sir, been a GREAT Vacation.

Comment

Good times!

And thanks for taking us along on another Kansas adventure.

Comment

Working...
                    X