No announcement yet.

Mesquite Country Sausage Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use ounces as a weight measurement, not as a volumetric measurement. You can get a cheap scale that does ounces just about anywhere.

Comment

Thanks for helping me and thanks for the recipes. Ill let ya know how they come out.

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks for the help last night Travis. The sausage came out great. Couldnt keep my family out of it. Looks like we will be making more soon.

Comment

Anytime! Let me know if you ever have more questions.

Comment

Lots of emails about this. Bump to the top.

Comment

Sounds great

Comment

This is stupid, but I don't have a smokehouse or anything other than a Weber grill. Can anyone give me some ideas on how to smoke ring sausage. Thanks.

Comment

You can use a regular fire box pit, just use a little bit of a wood at a time. You want to keep your temperature around 200 degrees and just go at it slow. I would build my fire in some thing separate and put just a few coals and maybe just some wood chips. Just be sure to keep it low in temp. Smoke for an hour or so. Bring the internal up to 165 degrees, chill, and package.
                    Last edited by mesquitecountry; 10-24-2009, 02:43 PM.

Comment

"pork"

When your recipe calls for pork, Is that just pork fat? I use pork butt roast now but it seems to be lacking in grease/fat

Comment

good

Comment

Originally posted by kidkarr View Post
                          When your recipe calls for pork, Is that just pork fat? I use pork butt roast now but it seems to be lacking in grease/fat
                          You need pork butt with some fat on it. If you buy just plain trimmed down to just meat then yes it will be dry. Whole pork butt should be around 15-18% fat. If it's trimmed down. It's only about 10%.

Comment

Looking forward to giving these a whirl, thanks!

Comment

Mesquitecountry,

I made up the spicy sausage recipe last night from wild hog as pan sausage. I cooked a couple patties. IT WAS GREAT!!!! Thanks

Comment

Bump for everyone with fresh deer meat in their freezer waiting to be turned into sausage!

Comment

Working...
                                X