Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice teuck

Comment

I got a slightly use duramax for sale . 2005 with 260k . Body is a little rough .

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
        I've been shopping for an recent model ('13 to '16) F250 diesel for several hours day over the last couple of weeks. I'm blown away by the cost of a used F250.

I've almost gone to purchase a couple. Both were 2015 F250 Lariats

One had 39,*** miles, ingot metallic, new all toyo tires, clean as a whistle, 1 owner carfax and the dealer got down to $45,988.

The other almost identical, 30,*** miles, ingot metallic, 1 owner car fax clean bed no scratches for $45,900.
        Both were trucks I'd be ecstatic to own and drive.

I considered these deals to be the best due to the lower miles on a F250 Lariat. I even went and pulled 30k cash for down payment. I missed the first one, it sold the night before. The 2nd went to auction and came back, still available at dealership again..wierd.

Now I've been talked into a brand new 2017 F250 Lariat. I've found some right at $54K, but I talked to another trusted dealer who advised me to wait until FEB 15 for truck month to begin and I will get one at an even better price due to the rebates Ford will release.

I figured, heck IF I'm going to spend 46k plus on a truck with 30 - 40k miles I might as well spend 6 TO 8k more on a brand new truck with zero miles, full warranty and a new body and interior!

What gets me, is that I never even CONSIDERED THE THOUGHT of buying a new truck because I drive 40,000 to 50,000 miles a year at minimum! I did not want to take the hit on new truck, but considering what these used trucks are costing...its almost foolish for me not to buy a new one.

I'm waiting on Feb 15th to see what happens with pricing on a new one, but I'm almost to the point of frustration and what my father calls paralysis of analysis due to all the researching and shopping I've been doing. I'm about to say **** it and just buy one and get it behind me.

Stick with a 15 or newer if youre gunna buy a 6.7. Fixed a few things that had bugs and its got more power. Looking for one for myself right now. I've been watching trucks since last june and the prices are slowly but steadily dropping. I saw another drop with the release of the 18s, good deals are to be found, but you have to be patient.

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
          Stick with a 15 or newer if youre gunna buy a 6.7. Fixed a few things that had bugs and its got more power. Looking for one for myself right now. I've been watching trucks since last june and the prices are slowly but steadily dropping. I saw another drop with the release of the 18s, good deals are to be found, but you have to be patient.
          Good info, I'm trying to be patient! I've got a 2013 F150 Platinum with 160k miles for sale when I get into another truck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
            Good info, I'm trying to be patient! I've got a 2013 F150 Platinum with 160k miles for sale when I get into another truck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Just turned in my taxes today so when I pay them bad boys off I can pull the trigger on a new to me F350! Wanting a platinum or king ranch but will take a lariat if I have to! Really like the brown leather in each of those options! Budget is 43k or less, which is very doable on a 2015 truck with less than 100k miles. You can find them all day long for under 40k with over 100k miles on them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can’t tell whether ppl are being sarcastic in this thread or not....Y’all that are shopping for used trucks with 75-100k miles in the 40k range are out of your minds. Buy new and put every dealer against each other for the same truck within a 300 mile radius....you’ll find an Acorn, I promise ya. Even used there is much better deals out there, you may have to drive a good bit but worth it in the end.

Comment

I can’t say that I understand the appeal of the super high-end trucks. Power equipment is nice (windows, locks, mirrors) as is Bluetooth and maybe some chrome accents, but you can get all that in an xlt and save $15k+. This is a truck purchase, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                  I can’t say that I understand the appeal of the super high-end trucks. Power equipment is nice (windows, locks, mirrors) as is Bluetooth and maybe some chrome accents, but you can get all that in an xlt and save $15k+. This is a truck purchase, after all.

In my case the reason I’m looking for a platinum is because my company is platinum Landscapes. Another reason I won’t buy an xlt is because I want a factory radio with a backup camera in it as I pull a trailer almost every single day. Cloth seats stain and hold sweat bad as well. So it’s for marketing and functionality, plus it’s a classy looking truck!

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
                    I can’t tell whether ppl are being sarcastic in this thread or not....Y’all that are shopping for used trucks with 75-100k miles in the 40k range are out of your minds. Buy new and put every dealer against each other for the same truck within a 300 mile radius....you’ll find an Acorn, I promise ya. Even used there is much better deals out there, you may have to drive a good bit but worth it in the end.

It’s a diesel motor. My 7.3 has 422,000 miles, and the 6.7 is a dang good motor that holds its value. Mind you these used trucks are still only 2-3 years old, and cost mid 60s new. You can’t touch a 2017 6.7 in kr or platinum for less than 60k. My dad had a 15 with 89,000 when he traded it in on a 17. He paid 58 for a lariat with navigation, no sunroof, no led lights, no 360 cameras. The reason I’m looking for a used truck is because in that 2-3 year depreciated price, the payment goes from $950 to around $650. When you’re growing a business you can’t just go out and buy brand new stuff even if you can afford it, as I would love to, but it’s just not a thing I want to try to do while still being in school!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                      OP gave $14K if that’s the truck you are referring to

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                        In my case the reason I’m looking for a platinum is because my company is platinum Landscapes. Another reason I won’t buy an xlt is because I want a factory radio with a backup camera in it as I pull a trailer almost every single day. Cloth seats stain and hold sweat bad as well. So it’s for marketing and functionality, plus it’s a classy looking truck!

Not knocking your choice by any means, but you can get factory backup cameras in an XL these days. It’s a smaller screen in them though. Or you can get the large full size screen in a XLT. I love the way the Platinum looks, but there’s a few options I refuse to have.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post

Not knocking your choice by any means, but you can get factory backup cameras in an XL these days. It’s a smaller screen in them though. Or you can get the large full size screen in a XLT. I love the way the Platinum looks, but there’s a few options I refuse to have.
                          I got the xlt premium in my new f250 it has the bigger screen/navigation etc but only paid 48k brand new. Diesel, fx4, 4 door etc

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post

I agree, and yes part of my choice is looks. But that’s also why I stepped my price range down to get an older truck! Quoting jobs in a nice clean truck versus an old 1500 Chevy that’s beat up all over does make a difference in some places! I’ve got a work truck, just time to get into something newer and fancier lol

Comment

Any interest in selling the camper shell?

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                                I got the xlt premium in my new f250 it has the bigger screen/navigation etc but only paid 48k brand new. Diesel, fx4, 4 door etc
                                That's the same type of truck I was looking at. Not a big fan of leather so I wanted an XLT but the larger screen. Only found one in the area.

Comment

Working...
                                X