Good used truck deals are out there, be patient

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good used truck deals are out there, be patient

You just have to be patient but not everyone that is selling a used truck is asking new truck prices.
    Been looking for a used truck for my 18 year old son, and found a good one

In Montgomery, Texas

2008 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Duramax LLM, with mini max tuner and cold air intake, new Michelin tires. New transfer case and Allison tranny ( under warranty) for 2 years or 24K miles. Ranch hand front bumper, camouflage Neoprene seat covers front and back over black leather interior ( not torn up)
    5th wheel hook up, and a nice lear camper shell ( that he immediately took off)
    Weather tech floor liners
    New front end work also. Moog parts
    250k miles

$14,000 cash

I have seen guys asking $19k to $22K for trucks in worse condition

Maybe all hope is not lost, keep looking guys. They are still out there

Let's see a photo of it!
    Glad you got a heck of a deal

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Absolutely love everything about it except the mileage. That’s a sharp truck and appears it has obviously been very well taken care of. You are right that’s a good deal and since it’s a Duramax maybe you will have good luck. With any used vehicle (diesel or not) you take a chance on having something wear out. Of course diesels are way more costly on repairs.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
          Absolutely love everything about it except the mileage. That’s a sharp truck and appears it has obviously been very well taken care of. You are right that’s a good deal and since it’s a Duramax maybe you will have good luck. With any used vehicle (diesel or not) you take a chance on having something wear out. Of course diesels are way more costly on repairs.

That is true, but at that price I can afford a few repairs...

Comment

Good lookin pickup bet he puts that camper back on when he realizes it will keep the bedding dry in the bed. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You are not kidding. I have seen lots of people here trying to sell used pickups for more than I paid for new trucks.....what is even funnier are all of the people that post about it being a great deal and how man that one will not last long. I have found that most people have no clue about buying a vehicle. They go to the dealership and fall in love with one and then they just have to have it.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                You are not kidding. I have seen lots of people here trying to sell used pickups for more than I paid for new trucks.....what is even funnier are all of the people that post about it being a great deal and how man that one will not last long. I have found that most people have no clue about buying a vehicle. They go to the dealership and fall in love with one and then they just have to have it.

-john
                I agree 100%. I have seen prices on here for the same truck I have and they are trying to sell it for more than I paid for mine 2 years ago.

Comment

FB page called Diesels of East Texas...

You can find some trucks on there...
                  1/2 ton gas, 136K miles..2010 model, lift kit and wheels....$29,000

I just laugh when I see those

Comment

Yep they are out there just have to be patient and hunt for them. Bought an 05 f150 lariat 70k miles back in 2010 for 12k blue book at the time was 19k+ took 9 months of hunting but it can be done

Comment

The most people are buying the 2018 diesel fords, the better the pricing is getting on those 2015 platinum or king ranch f350s[emoji39]

Comment

Lots of flooded out trucks out there too. Watch out for those "good deals"

Comment

no flood here

Comment

Man that truck is really in good shape

Comment

Yep, used truck prices are crazy.

On the flip, my wife has really been wanting me to downsize from my z71 to a mid-size SUV. So I've been to a few dealerships looking at new vehicles and the trade-in value of my truck is laughable.

It's a 2007, Chevy z71 and the dealer offered me like 50% of the low-end private party value (using "fair" condition on KBB).

Comment

Working...
                              X