Date night in... Steak, Potatoes and Chocolate Mousse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date night in... Steak, Potatoes and Chocolate Mousse

Once a week my wife and I try to do a date night in where we just cook together and have a few drinks. It's this type of cooking i enjoy the most. We decided to make it easy since all we have to cook on at the moment is one hot plate, one gas burner and a bbq pit. We decided to do a boneless ribeye with new potatoes roasted in rosemary infused duckfat and butter. For dessert we did a Dark chocolate mousse. I usually cook steaks on the grill but this time i wanted to try something different. I decided to use the cast iron skillet and put it over hot coals on the pit. The steak was then basted in a herb butter as it cooked. It was really good!

Sounds like some good eating!

Comment

Pics

Attached Files

Comment

Super nice....

Comment

Good looking meal right there...

Comment

I bet those potatoes cooked in duck fat where awesome!!! By the way the steak looks great also!!!

Comment

That looks great. I have never cooked with duck fat but it sounds awesome.

Comment

Where do you find duck fat?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                  Google shows a lot of places you can get it from.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                    I have seen at HEB and specialty food stores like Harvest Market. I think even Whole foods sells it.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                      That looks great. I have never cooked with duck fat but it sounds awesome.

Give it a try! Its awesome.. Put a few spigs of Rosemary and Thyme to infuse while your cooking the potatoes. I always boil my potatoes about 5min-8min before putting them in the pan to roast. This allows the potatoes to open up and absorb all of the flavor from the duck fat and butter!

Comment

i have a video of the steak being cooked on my instagram page if anyone wants to check it out.. screen name is Jason_barnette

Comment

Looks awesome!!

Comment

Yum, I’m hungry now

Comment

That looks and sounds great, plus, that’s my favorite day to day bourbon.

Comment

Working...
                              X