Bbq shack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bbq shack

Long story short is im tired of sweating my butt off at cookoffs or having to stay home if there's a chance of rain. So I'm making me a shack to put a window unit and a futon in. I still have to insulate and skin the exterior then I'm going to build a full length roof/porch that will cover everything including the smoker. So first I acquired a smoker and had some good help cutting about a foot off the verticle. It's coming along slowly.

Interesting.......will follow this one. Need some windows.

Comment

looks like it will get the job done.

Comment

in!

Comment

looking good so far

can't wait to see it when it's all done

Comment

Any particular reason e.g. you're not framing it out like a traditional building? Going to be a heck of a wind load on that thing when you're going down the highway. Interested to see how it turns out.

Oh look a fajita!!

Comment

IN!!! Looks like a fun project!

Comment

Nice! I slept many a nights in an enclosed trailer at cookoffs, well more like passed out but A/c makes a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                  Any particular reason e.g. you're not framing it out like a traditional building? Going to be a heck of a wind load on that thing when you're going down the highway. Interested to see how it turns out.

Oh look a fajita!!

Because i got the wall panels free from a temp office. Ill add more studs, insulation, and of course an outer skin, windows and such. Its a work in progress for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
                    Because i got the wall panels free from a temp office. Ill add more studs, insulation, and of course an outer skin, windows and such. Its a work in progress for sure

10-4. I like builds with repurposed materials.

Comment

Looking good. You going to try to hit the cook off in Midlothian in September I believe when it is?

Comment

Yea Ill be there, I havent found any info yet. Were headed to waxahachie the 28th

Comment

I slightly deveated from the original plan. Have lots more to do but its coming along. AC/door/sprayfoam/sleeping area above the tongue, windows, prep table, cedar trim ect coming soon

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like captianron.

cant figure out how to resize the pics. Hopefully this link works
                          Last edited by Smithwr; 03-27-2018, 07:59 AM.

Comment

I think that will be a way better and certainly more sustainable plan. Looking great!

Comment

I like that new plan even better b

Comment

Working...
                              X