Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JES View Post
    That's a heck of a line up!

Awesome mount, was this how you found him on the hunt?

Not how I found him. He was walking down a beach when I killed him. I shot him on day 3 of the hunt and then fished for a week. The mount will have salmon, rainbow trout and grayling in it. It's kind of painting a picture of telling a story of my entire Alaska trip and not just the bear hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Now I am just getting sneak peaks! The base is coming along! They have the other fish placed in the water. I saw the moss that is on top and it's done with some new technique. Looks pretty unbelievable! They have this week to put it all together then it heads to Vegas!

Comment

I may have missed it, but what outfitter are you using in NZ? My wife and I are going next year in March

Comment

Originally posted by tradrook View Post
          I may have missed it, but what outfitter are you using in NZ? My wife and I are going next year in March

Kiwi safaris. My future wife wants tahr most of all. I have looked at NZ hunts for a while and kiwi always seemed to have to great tahr hunting and the most accessible on foot. I called them when we decided on a honeymoon there and they put together a sweet deal.

Comment

Pretty awesome, So is the first time you see it completely constructed going to be in Vegas?

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
              Pretty awesome, So is the first time you see it completely constructed going to be in Vegas?

Yes, I'll see it for the first time Thursday afternoon at the show. The only time I have seen the bear it was just pinned on the form with no eyes or jaws/teeth.

Comment

AND PLEASE tell me you are hunting Red Stag there in NZ.... And Fallow?

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                  AND PLEASE tell me you are hunting Red Stag there in NZ.... And Fallow?

Tahr, chamois, fallow and a stag up to 400 inches. Lil doc going after tahr and fallow with 7mm-08. I'm planning on using a rifle and helicopter for the chamois. I will use bow for stag. I will try to get a tahr with my bow if time allows.

Comment

One more pic of the base.

Comment

Anyone else wonder if Doc has a dusting drone for those mounts way up there?

Comment

I'll be looking forward to the NZ report, good luck! The mount looks amazing, as do all of the others. Thanks for the write ups and keep them coming

Comment

Can't wait to see him in person! I'm beyond happy and this mount totally captures the trip.

Comment

WOW - what a piece of art

Comment

That is awesome

Comment

I don't have words for this, but I am impressed beyond belief. Dream hunt!

Comment

Working...
                                X