Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any wonder why the Postal Service is Broke!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any wonder why the Postal Service is Broke!!

04/24/2019 9:18 A.M. Austin, TX, United States Accepted by post office
    04/23/2019 6:54 P.M. Coppell, TX, United States Package processed by post office
    04/23/2019 6:41 A.M. Coppell, TX, United States Accepted by post office
    04/23/2019 4:49 A.M. Dallas, TX, United States Package processed by post office
    04/23/2019 4:46 A.M. Dallas, TX, United States Package processed by post office
    04/23/2019 3:15 A.M. Dallas, TX, United States Package processed by post office
    04/22/2019 11:22 P.M. Dallas, TX, United States Package processed by post office
    04/20/2019 8:00 A.M. Austin, TX, United States Package transferred to post office

Four days to get back where it was supposed to be in the first place.

That is how they create job security in a Government run operation. If UPS did that they would be gone in short order.

Comment

Union

Comment

What still pizzles me off is they spent. Gazillion dollars sponsoring the Tour de France!!! What the heck??? They thought the advertising exposure would benefit the USPS???

I imagine it was so the postmaster general and some politicians could get a free vacation to France!

Comment

I really hate when people mail me stuff usps. It never shows up on time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
            I really hate when people mail me stuff usps. It never shows up on time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Sometimes not at all

Comment

Had a package in Tyler (40 minutes away) go all the way to Chicago to come back here...?

Comment

Excuse my ignorance, but if everyone began using FedEx and UPS becouse of the **** poor delivery of USPS would they shut down? Or would they continue to survive with tax dollars? I am unfamiliar with how they are set up structurally as a company?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  Excuse my ignorance, but if everyone began using FedEx and UPS becouse of the **** poor delivery of USPS would they shut down? Or would they continue to survive with tax dollars? I am unfamiliar with how they are set up structurally as a company?
                  They are just engrained into society so they won't go away. Just suck more tax dollars.

I never really understood why you never see ANY government agency try to run efficiently or like a business. I know it's tax dollars so who cares but you'd think with pressure from the public they would at least try once in a blue moon.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    Their business model is broken. It was designed to be self sufficient but it has never been - at least for a long long time. I think they lost over $2 billion last year. UPS/FedEx is part of the problem for sure but mostly they lose because are legally required to deliver to every mailbox in the country 6 days a week. Thousands of small post office produce no revenue. They are supporting over 1 million employees and retirees. The union makes it impossible to fire so they can only reduce by not hiring when someone quits or retires. Believe it or not (in this era of government overreach) the post office is in fact something the the US government is required to do - it's in the Constitution!

Comment

Had a package recently take a month to get from PA to Tx. Not exaggerating

Comment

Amazon Prime is putting a hurt on them too

Comment

Mail service to any address in the US is a legitimate public service that the Fedgov should subsidize. However, it can definitely be improved and made more efficient.

Comment

Funny thing about Fed Ex and UPS......in the rural parts of the state...guess who delivers those packages??!!
                            That's right...the USPS.

My mom unloads a UPS truck everyday and puts it on the carriers trucks because they can do it faster..lol

She said the Unions forcing the prepayment of every retirement fund has hurt the USPS big time

Comment

I sure don’t understand it. I needed something for work and had someone send it to me 2-day option. Well they picked the USPS 2-day and it arrived 10 days later after going back and forth between the same two locations (both in town) several times. Pure craziness.

Comment

Working...
                              X