No announcement yet.

Hagerman segment A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well its a done deal. Sat in my summit daylight to dark three days in Godwin. Had a total of 8 deer in bow range and all were bucks....no shooters. I didn't see a single doe all weekend. Friday deer moved all day long. Saturday nothing till 15 minutes before dark. And today I didn't see a single deer. I'm tired, sore, and whooped.

Good luck to the Seg B & C hunters and congrats to the ones that got their deer this year. This 46 year old will be in a ground blind if I get a chance to do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by russcat View Post
      Well its a done deal. Sat in my summit daylight to dark three days in Godwin. Had a total of 8 deer in bow range and all were bucks....no shooters. I didn't see a single doe all weekend. Friday deer moved all day long. Saturday nothing till 15 minutes before dark. And today I didn't see a single deer. I'm tired, sore, and whooped.

Good luck to the Seg B & C hunters and congrats to the ones that got their deer this year. This 46 year old will be in a ground blind if I get a chance to do it again.

I commend your effort. It takes a tough minded person to truly sit every hour of every day. Kudos to you!!!

Comment

Well after a 2.5 mile hike each way and 36 total hours on stand I come back empty handed. Learned a ton and had a blast. Had a few does within range and tried to draw back on one but got busted. Saw lots of deer and turkeys and some yotes. All in all a great experience.

PS I'll be using a bike my next hunt

Comment

Slow decision making cost me a mature deer but he was not what I came for. It was a great experience and one I will never forget. I too am whipped after three days of chasing them. Today was the slowest I have seen out there. Tough hunting. Good luck to the B and C guys. I will be tagging along

Comment

Hagerman segment A

Thanks for bringing us along. The H is a wonderful place. I've seen the biggest deer of my life on my hunt. Saw deer every sit. But at the end of 3 days, I was mentally and emotionally done.

Saw a deer that could be pushing 200 inches at the RV camp 12 miles away where Fluster was standing. 12 noon right on side of the road by the front gate. Too bad they don't allow hunting.

Comment

thanks for taking us along for the ride seg A hunters...

Comment

You guys toughed it out. That's what H is. A tough hunt that sends the little panty wearers home early.

Next year is my turn God willing. Gotta put a bigger deer on the wall...

Comment

A total of 14 deer killed with 79 hunters equals 17.7% harvest ratio. Not too bad!

Comment

Man tired sore drained this morning but would do it all over again
                    To hunt that magical place. Finally saw a real good buck last evening but to far
                    And too late. My buddy saw two more good bucks and one of those was
                    Even bigger than the one the evening before at 60 yrds.
                    The H does not give up those ghost easily. Good luck to all the B and C hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by bbbuck View Post
                      A total of 14 deer killed with 79 hunters equals 17.7% harvest ratio. Not too bad!

If I remember right, and I am too lazy this morning to go look. That is down 7 from last year on A. I think it was 5 and 16 for 21 total.

Comment

Hagerman buck

Thought y'all might like to see this. This is a pic from Hagerman this year. Adjacent landowner sent if to me. It's from a game wardens game cam set up to catch suspected poaching going on in Hagerman. Freakin Monster!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

I saw him. Thought he was too little. Lol. What a stud

Comment

Yea he could use another year.
                            Wow what a buck. Really hope they can catch the poachers.

Comment

Originally posted by fieldofdreams View Post
                              Thought y'all might like to see this. This is a pic from Hagerman this year. Adjacent landowner sent if to me. It's from a game wardens game cam set up to catch suspected poaching going on in Hagerman. Freakin Monster!!
                              Why would there be a problem with poachers with a little old deer like that running around. Good golly miss molly, that is a hoss!

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                                Saw one spike far off this afternoon and had some does come in as I was packing up. Too dark to shoot. Back at me in the morning.

Side note. Went to the gas station in pottsboro still wearing camo and they asked what I was hunting. Told them deer. Lady said "there's only small deer in Texas"
                                I bet now your camo smells like cheap perfume and stale hotdogs

Comment

Working...
                                X