Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also been thru it ! Prayers sent

Comment

In my lifetime I have lost a cousin, 2 great uncles, multiple friends, my grandmother and my dad to some form of cancer or another. It is a ravenous beast that is hard to stop. I've seen what it causes and what the "medicine" for it does to the human body. You never can get used to seeing what it does.

I will say that the will to fight the disease gives you a better chance. Mentally giving into it seems to speed it up. Keep fighting and supporting each other!!!

Comment

Prayers sent. Lost my mom last July to it.

Please PM me if you need someone to talk to.

Comment

Originally posted by BaconIsMyFriend View Post
          Never thought it would be one of my family members who would be fighting for her life. Started as a tumor elsewhere that was removed. You think and hope that's the end of it. Then your loved one is later on hospitalized again. Dr tells the patient there isn't any hope of stopping it for good.

I thought last year was hard. Maybe I or we are stronger, but it doesn't get any easier to see a loved one fighting to live and not giving up. But the body can only take so much. Man this is tough.....
          If you haven't seen it yet watch "A Monster Calls". It's a movie based of a book about a kid who makes up stories and has visions of this monster who is supposes to heal his mother of cancer. Warning: it will punch you right in the gut. I'm like a typical guy don't get caught up in sappy movies, I had to go outside for a while after this one.

Comment

I think 90 percent of people have been touched in one way or another by cancer . It's hard to wrap your mind around it. My best friends wife beat stomach cancer last year. She went back for a checkup right before Christmas. It has came back and has spread all over. She's on hospice now and probably only make it a couple more weeks. She's 31 and has three little girls the youngest is only three. The youngest daughter has never seen her mother healthy in her entire life. It makes me so angry why some worthless and terrible people get to live long lives and great hard working people are cut short. I guess the man up stairs has the answers. I usually don't get emotional even when some of my family members have passed away in the past. But there's something about a young mother dying and leaving three little girls to live there lives out without there mom that makes me sick.

Comment

**** cancer eventually touches all of our lives; hopefully there's a little peace in knowing that you're not alone in the fight

Comment

Really appreciate the words of support, prayers and stories. I had told her that others were praying. The cancer has spread so rapidly now and morphine increased again and again. The body is just under so much strain it can't continue much longer. It is now that last wishes are made and whatever else needs to be communicated before the final journey begins and this life ends. They are trying to get her strong enough to walk again so she can come home and pass in privacy.

We had all hoped to move her to another location far away to enjoy her last days some place new and pretty. That was what she wanted, but it wasn't meant to be. The cancer came too quickly before that could be made into a reality.
                At least despite how painful it is to say goodbye, as believers we can rest assured there is hope we will see our loved ones again one day when our time is up.
                Last edited by BaconIsMyFriend; 04-21-2017, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BaconIsMyFriend View Post
                  Really appreciate the words of support, prayers and stories. I had told her that others were praying. The cancer has spread so rapidly now and morphine increased again and again. The body is just under so much strain it can't continue much longer. It is now that last wishes are made and whatever else needs to be communicated before the final journey begins and this life ends. They are trying to get her strong enough to walk again so she can come home and pass in privacy.

We had all hoped to move her to another location far away to enjoy her last days some place new and pretty. That was what she wanted, but it wasn't meant to be. The cancer came too quickly before that could be made into a reality.
                  At least despite how painful it is to say goodbye, as believers we can rest assured there is hope we will see our loved ones again one day when our time is up.
                  My thoughts and Prayers are with you ..

Comment

Continued prayers for you and your family!

Comment

prayers sent

Comment

Prayers sent brother.

Comment

Bacon stay positive and supportive which I know you will prayers sent!
                          I am 3 1/2 years cancer free but my monm was diagnosed in May of last year and died 7-26-2016 same day as Cazador's wife sorry for your loss too brother!

Comment

Sorry to hear, prayers to you and your family.
                            I lost my Grandmother to a rare form of leukemia 9 years ago.

Comment

continued Prayers....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My mother fought to the very end. Cancer is a terrible thing. Prayers up.

Comment

Working...
                                X