Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks but I believe it’s to late

Comment

Fields already turning brown and having bare spots.

Comment

Originally posted by BaseKAM36 View Post
        Thanks but I believe it’s to late
        This is perfect weather for army worms.

Comment

Bosque County has them very bad, they cleaned up 6 acres of my plots last week. They ate everything except winter peas and the grain that had come up under pecan trees. But I assure you, they cleaned up every clover, oat, wheat, rape, chicory and elbow rye that was up, now dirt........

Oh well, 1 out of 22 years ain’t bad I guess.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
            Bosque County has them very bad, they cleaned up 6 acres of my plots last week. They ate everything except winter peas and the grain that had come up under pecan trees. But I assure you, they cleaned up every clover, oat, wheat, rape, chicory and elbow rye that was up, now dirt........

Oh well, 1 out of 22 years ain’t bad I guess.

Rwc
            They got areas of my small plots in Navarro, I’m going to replant a couple areas

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
              They got areas of my small plots in Navarro, I’m going to replant a couple areas
              Yes sir, I am planning on replanting a little later also, just have not decided if I am going to just replant oats and chicory or replant the same seed mixtures again.

Have a great one,
              Rwc

Comment

Planting this weekend. Had them in our hay field prior to this and we sprayed. Still some left. Will be spraying them with LAMBA again when they come back soon

Comment

Yes sir, I am planning on replanting a little later also, just have not decided if I am going to just replant oats and chicory or replant the same seed mixtures again.

Have a great one,
                  Rwc
                  I would like to find just clover, peas and oats mix. I way over did the turnips.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                    I would like to find just clover, peas and oats mix. I way over did the turnips.
                    Hands down the best clover mix (with a little extra) I have ever used......(But Army Worms love it too....ha)

As for as my pea plots go, for winter time I buy 50 pound bags of Australian Winter peas and plant them a couple inches deep.

Rwc
                    Attached Files

Comment

Our fields were planted Friday just before the rains, we are in Wilbarger Co, I think we will be clear of army worms by the time the wheat sprouts, now we have to worry about it all washing away, lots of rain since Friday.

Comment

Hands down the best clover mix (with a little extra) I have ever used......(But Army Worms love it too....ha)

As for as my pea plots go, for winter time I buy 50 pound bags of Australian Winter peas and plant them a couple inches deep.

Rwc
                        I've mixed the Buck Booster with the MBS Fall Deer plot mix the last 2 years. Great stuff.

Comment

Will this cool weather slow them down some? I planted this past weekend and wondering if I need to worry about spraying for worms. Haven't seen any in the pastures.

Comment

Originally posted by Soggy Bottom View Post
                            Will this cool weather slow them down some? I planted this past weekend and wondering if I need to worry about spraying for worms. Haven't seen any in the pastures.
                            Should be clear now. They love moisture and 80° temps. Highs I'm the 60°s from here on out so I would say we are in the clear and can start planting cover crops. I have seen less activity over the last week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Soggy Bottom View Post
                              I was wondering the same things. Had them and sprayed 3-4 weeks ago. We are still getting rain and I planted my plots on Saturday.

I am hoping the worms don't come back

Comment

I heard a farmer tell me Bleach and Dawn Soap mixture will kill them. And another big farmer told me he uses LAMBA, but it has no residual life.

I heard they won't go away until a freeze, but I am here to ask someone who knows?

Comment

Working...
                                X