No announcement yet.

Food plots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the prep work like for planting lablab?

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
      Sorry it took me so long but I had to get them off of my disc. I had the milo planted a little thick but you can see what happens to this stuff when you get a little rain.
      Wow! That's a good looking plot!

Comment

Macoop~
        Deer will be poking their head through that fence to get a bite of that! NICE PLOT!

Comment

I had them walking the fence before I opened it up to them. I have it high fenced so I control when they get in and they don't kill it before it takes off. I'm going to try some soybeans in there this year.

Comment

Looks good Macoop. How many acres you planting this year?

I'm doing soybeans, cowpeas, I/C peas, BWI spring mix, and lab lab. I was gonna plant this weekend but the creek is too high to cross to get in to plant.

Comment

I'm going to try and plant about 3 acres this year. Looks like you will have your hands full with everything you are planting.

Comment

Originally posted by akey View Post
                Has the biologic string kept them out?
                So far yes, no tracks inside but tracks on the outside around it, but the spray only lasts for about a month at a time before you have to re apply it.

Here's the link to the plot protector i use:
                Plant BioLogic has changed the way gamekeepers manage their herds and properties. Find high quality food plot seed for deer, turkey, and other wildlife here!

but you get like 3 applications worth (for the whole roll of string) or a little more out of a bottle of the concentrate. The string is like a braided banding strap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakecrews View Post
                  Looks like I'm gonna try that. Where did y'all buy the seed. Only place I can find is online.
                  I bought mine from here:

Caught it on sale for 23$ for a 20lb bag, looking at it right now, looks like it is around 31-34$ but every now and then it drops into the 20's.

Better price still than the mentioned place/s above =)

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
                    Sorry it took me so long but I had to get them off of my disc. I had the milo planted a little thick but you can see what happens to this stuff when you get a little rain.
                    I hope mine looks as good as yours havn't been back to check on it lately. Hoping to get out there again soon! Did you toss fertilizer with your seed?

Comment

Originally posted by snikrah View Post
                      I hope mine looks as good as yours havn't been back to check on it lately. Hoping to get out there again soon! Did you toss fertilizer with your seed?
                      I fertilized before I planted and it seemed to work out pretty good. I ran a disc, broadcasted the fertilizer, and drug it with a harrow. I came back a week later and broadcasted the seed and lightly covered the seed with a harrow. Then it exploded after a rain.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jakecrews
                        Looks like I'm gonna try that. Where did y'all buy the seed. Only place I can find is online.
                        I bought mine from here:

Caught it on sale for 23$ for a 20lb bag, looking at it right now, looks like it is around 31-34$ but every now and then it drops into the 20's.

Better price still than the mentioned place/s above =)

Fyi...it looks like the Tecomate lab lab plus comes in either 11lb or 22lb bags. I bought 22lb bag this for $52 at producers co-op on Bryan.

Comment

Planting this weekend.
                          Will post pics Friday.

Comment

Bought the Lablab on cabelas for 53.00 shipping free!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakecrews View Post
                              Bought the Lablab on cabelas for 53.00 shipping free!
                              There you go!!! That's a good deal!

Comment

Planted it this past weekend. It rained a lilttle after I planted so hopefully it will do good!

Comment

Working...
                                X