Brushy Hill Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brushy Hill Ranch

For those of you that have been there what pasture would be the best. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to book a hunt. Thanks

I was thinking about trying the river pasture. Has anyone ever hunted it. Thanks again.

Comment

just back

just back from kreagor pasture. hunted 5 days and saw no shooter bucks. accomidations suck unless you are a mouse and you will have alot of company. does are very jittery, bucks not there and we did not find the staff very helpful. they were nice, but not helpful. my advice only go to brushy hill if you are looking to watch does on the corn route.

Comment

Sorry to hear that cgeoffrey. We hunted the kreagor pasture and saw lots of deer. Between the 4 of us only one shooter killed. I passed 1 shooter up and my buddy did the same. You have to think outside the corn route bud. You think a big smart buck that gets hunted every day is going to feed behind a corn truck during daylight hours??? Find good traveling routes between corn and thick areas you think they may come from. You wont see as many deer but it will give you a few extra minutes before dark to get a peep at the big one. My buddy shot a 130 class 8 last year when we were there. As far as the accomadations for 140$ I don't know what kind of lodge you were expecting, but a stove, refridgerator, and a bed is plenty nice enough for me. Not to mention you dont have to bring all your own dishes and there is a microwave and a grill. If there is a better place out there for 140$ cg please let me know, I'll book and go with you next year. The holiday in here in Athens cost 109$ and you don't have any hunting rights on any property. I'll trade nice accomadations for a chance at the 150 class deer I've seen at Brushy hill any day!!!

Comment

Got the Will Rehm at Brushy Hill this year going to give it a try.All I need is a roof over my head and I'm fine.I'm sure the lodge there will be just fine for a huntin camp. Thanks for the input everyone. Any tips, tricks , secret spots will be appreciated. Thanks again.

Comment

Who said that we only hunted the corn route? most of my 5 days were spent "off the corn route" after following good sign to thick areas of the pasture. and while I dont expect four stars in accomidations I dont want to chase mice off of me while I sleep.

Comment

I've hunted both and KJO wins hands down.

Comment

Try mouse traps! LOL And you did say it was a good place to watch does on the corn route so I just figured thats all you did. We hunted there from Oct 26-31 and it was a great time for us all. Between the 4 of us we had 12 stands to keep the pressure down. Its tough as hell but I think that is what we love most about it! All my party will be going again next year and a few that didn't make it this year.

Comment

JUst got back on Sunday. Didn't meet Pete, seemed nice over the phone. Rusty provided entertainment after evening hunts....Thats about all I can say

Comment

What pasture did you hunt and what did you see?

Comment

wil rheme...does, spikes....we had 4 game cams going also...nothing....we hunted corn route, rubs, scrapes, water troughs....we were spread out over the entire ranch...good luck

Comment

Well DWS let us know how ya did. As you can see there are scrapes and rubs, and they don't just appear, its just a tough place to hunt.

Comment

We will see in Jan. Hope they are moving then.

Comment

nobody is suggesting that hunting is easy as a matter of fact we bow hunters are the sickest of all ignoring evolution and reverting back to primitave weapons. however paying to hunt and hunting hard and coming up empty feels foolish. it is not just the price of the hunt, but the vacation time, cost for supplies to hunt and the absence from our families that also are part of the "cost". when you look at it like that a place with limited at best opportunities is not worth the "cost" agree?

Comment

Originally posted by cgeoffrey View Post
                              nobody is suggesting that hunting is easy as a matter of fact we bow hunters are the sickest of all ignoring evolution and reverting back to primitave weapons. however paying to hunt and hunting hard and coming up empty feels foolish. it is not just the price of the hunt, but the vacation time, cost for supplies to hunt and the absence from our families that also are part of the "cost". when you look at it like that a place with limited at best opportunities is not worth the "cost" agree?
                              X2

Comment

Working...
                              X