Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Public Lands - What allows your hunting rights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Kinard is the Lake Manager for Lavon.

Edit: Lake Manager and Commander appear to be interchangeable terms.
    Last edited by Kirby86; 02-08-2017, 03:27 PM.

Comment

For lakes in the fort Worth district. It is Col. Calvin C. Hudson II

Galveston District:
      Col. Lars Zetterstrom

Tulsa District:
      Colonel Christopher A. Hussin

That covers most of Texas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Comment

I live in the hill country as well, west of Austin. I am a member of BHA also, mainly because when you give them money they are fighting for all public lands in the U.S. When we send out a petition it goes to our Texas reps. I haven't had much luck finding out about the BHA Texas chapter but would like to get more involved. Another great group for public lands is the Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership. The dilemma you have is similar to what I heard Steve Rinella say on his Meat Eater podcast, "You vote republican and you give away your public land, you vote democrat and you give away your guns." It's a dilemma that with growth will always be an issue in the U.S., but with Texas being 98% privately owned it does make it more tough here.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
          "In regards to COE, I've always been thinking "How can we as hunters help you". You, being the COE."

I've actually been over to the Fed Building in Fort Worth and met with the COE HMFIC (my office is just across the street). Nice people, good ideas, but just like my Lake Whitney survey and 5 questions and my responses, never heard a thing.
          Razor when I fill out the hunting survey I always explain in the comments section that I'd be more than will to pay for a permit each and put that money towards the land for habit improvements, park clean ups so they could reopen those effected by the floods in a timely manner and my response is nothing.

Comment

Yep Bow, no response. I'd be up for a meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
              Yep Bow, no response. I'd be up for a meeting.
              Yes sir Iam game!!!!

Comment

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working on trying to get the web page portion going. Sorry this isn't moving any faster guys.

Comment

Persistence is a mosquito, that if not slapped down, turns into a hive of angry hornets that get their way.

Don't let the anxiety of the time it takes to do something right, slap you down. Momentum is key.

Comment

Bam!

Adding all of the info will be an ongoing process, but the first step is done! Pretty cheap domain name costs too.

Comment

Originally posted by rwkiel View Post
                        Bam!

Adding all of the info will be an ongoing process, but the first step is done! Pretty cheap domain name costs too.
                        Good work! Thank you very much!

Heres a little bit to the thought process on the name. Part of the success against HR 621 recently was because that bill brought together both hunters and non-hunters who accessed public lands.

I know that at several of these areas, we have hiking trails, cyclists, anglers and other groups that use these areas. This gives us a wider appeal, therefore more leverage.

Thanks again for all the work that has gone into this guys.
                        Last edited by Kirby86; 02-15-2017, 03:24 PM.

Comment

I'm going to copy and paste this link into the SHNF forum if you don't mind. There are a number of people there who are concerned about the FS's recent trail development spree. They put in these trails and since we're supposed to be x number of feet off a trail when hunting it's sort of a de facto way taking away huntable areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                            I'm going to copy and paste this link into the SHNF forum if you don't mind. There are a number of people there who are concerned about the FS's recent trail development spree. They put in these trails and since we're supposed to be x number of feet off a trail when hunting it's sort of a de facto way taking away huntable areas.

Please do!

Comment

I'll make a note on the website that it's under construction and more information will be available in the future (with a timestamp so people don't think it's an abandoned website)

Comment

National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)

All federal public land management agencies are required to comply with the National Environmental Policy Act.

Land management agencies are required by law to notify the public of all proposed projects or changes in regulations. They must send out a scoping letter (public notice) to all interested citizens asking for comments on the proposed action.

Interested citizens/groups are given the opportunity to comment with substantive concerns and issues during the scoping period. Once comments are received they must be addressed in the Environmental Assessment (EA) and decision document. Commenters then have status to appeal the decisions.

You must ask to be placed on the interested citizen list at each land management unit to receive the scoping letters.

Here's a link to the National Forest and Grasslands in Texas "Schedule of Proposed Actions".

I'm not familiar with the Corp of Engineers NEPA process but it will be similar to the Forest Service.

Partnering with these agencies by groups and individuals is one of the best ways to have our voices heard.

Comment

Working...
                                X