Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
    Archer,

Water has gone down. I'll give you that much info. Ragweed is BAD this year. We've had to relocate stand locations and start from scratch cause it's so over grown in some areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's encouraging that the water went down.
    Thanks for the info.
    Not real worried about the ragweed. Many areas out there with out it.
    Good luck

Comment

Wow, holiday weekend and no one went scouting? Was hoping to see some updates on here.

Comment

New here and wanting to hunt somerville

I am new to bow hunting. I am making a trip up this weekend to go check out the area. I have never hunted public land and only rifle hunted. I will be there Saturday morning. I live in Schertz, TX area. I am roughly 2hrs and 30 minutes away from there. I am leaving at 5:30 in the morning.

Comment

If can as well tell me how does everything work up there as in hunting and where would you camp.

Comment

Somerville 2016-17

Camping is only avail at overlook and Welch park.

Hunting...
            Don't be the guy who comes opening morning walking thru the woods trying to find somewhere to hunt. If you see an area that looks like it's been scouted ... Don't hunt there as someone probably already will be hunting that area

Comment

Well thats why I was kinda hoping to meet someone out there or if someone on here happens to be going out tha way this weekend. I have no clue what the hell i am doing when it comes to bow hunting lol. I hunted on private property in a blind.

Comment

Hey y'all its been a while but how is everyone? I'm thinkin bout headin out and lookin around or will I still need a kayak?

Comment

Good to be back all fully recovered from shoulder surgery!!![emoji1417] and any new updates for the area? Can't wait Til this weather to get cooler !!!!

Comment

Nails creek flooded out!

I've made a few trips by there to scout for bow season and duck season. And I've given up. It's flooded out and holding way to much water. It's pushed the animals out to high ground. Didn't even see anything on cam. So I moved to Different unit that's higher up. The water has been at least 4ft high is areas and the bugs were insane !!!!!!! To much water not enough birds to make me want to duck hunt it this year either. Standing water has the birds spread all over this year. Good for ducks bad for hunting that area at least.
                    Last edited by Meateater1; 09-15-2016, 02:23 PM. Reason: Didn't make sense

Comment

Water or not. I'll be out there. Last time I drove around out there is their was water but not enough to deter me.

Comment

Originally posted by Armydude82 View Post
                        I am new to bow hunting. I am making a trip up this weekend to go check out the area. I have never hunted public land and only rifle hunted. I will be there Saturday morning. I live in Schertz, TX area. I am roughly 2hrs and 30 minutes away from there. I am leaving at 5:30 in the morning.
                        You definitely want to bring a deer stand. If you notice how tall the grass is in the pic of the young deer slayer, know its like that almost everywhere.

Comment

Thank You hope dale.. I appreciate it.. I am new to this whole deer stand deal

Comment

The ragweed is just getting worse. I was out last weekend and everything we used to hunt prior is covered in 6-8ft tall stalks of ragweed. Did see ducks, and seen 2 hunters with limits of blue wings

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
                              The ragweed is just getting worse. I was out last weekend and everything we used to hunt prior is covered in 6-8ft tall stalks of ragweed. Did see ducks, and seen 2 hunters with limits of blue wings

Can you PM me the location of said ducks?

Comment

This will be my third year out there. The ragweed and other brush was ridiculous a couple years ago. The worst part is that you only have to go through it a couple times before you make the perfect trail for others to follow. Cover your tracks fellas so you can protect the spots you've put work into. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X