Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama's epa shuts down the last lead smelter in the usa!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
    I think that the article is pretty biased. The gov't is not really doing anything different with these guys than with many other industries. I had my share of it but was fortunate in that the needed upgrades only cost a couple of million dollars. It appears that the lead people had a long running violation that they were not addressing. The fines are based on the number of days of non compliance and possible other administrative penalties for record keeping, etc.
    Our fines were based on $10,000 a day a the time and that was twenty years ago. I do not know what the fine is set at currently.

So that being said, there is a consequence of the action that affects ammunition production but it was forseen and the ammunition manufacturers should have their raw material supplies sourced from a different direction.

For what it is worth, there are no more sardine canneries in the U.S. but I can still buy sardines.
    Its a never ending story. Comply with the regulations and they just write more regulations until you close. Same reason we haven't built a single new refinery in the last 40yrs. All because of the EPA.

Comment

Certainly a concern exporting more jobs overseas. Does Biraq not think all the sugarcane smoke drifts to a different country when Mexico does their annual burn? Has anyone bothered to call the ammunition manufacturers (most located in Missouri) to understand the true economic impact??? If you call them, they will say they have been running 3 shifts and quadrupled production. They haven't shut down. As far as shotshell cost, that may see some increase. Regarding rifle ammo they see little impact as batteries and all are being shifted to Mexico. Definitely increased bulk shipping but cheaper labor. The only reason for the shortage is pure hysteria. Instead of people stocking 1-2 boxes they are stocking 1-2 cases or 10,000-20,000 rounds. Some ammo is cheaper now than before the panic. ARs are cheaper in some places. This has been excellent for the industry. The manufactures indicated supply is catching up fast! In 3-4 months there is going to be a lot. The total users have increased and each user is hoarding. Supply - demand and capitalism is a beautiful thing and sheeple panicking is more amusing.

Comment

Sierra responds...just like $2,000+ ARs now under $1,000 and some just over $500.

We asked Sierra Bullets Plant Engineer Darren Leskiw, “How will the closure of the lead smelting plant affect Sierra Bullets?” We have had many customers contact us about the closing of…

Comment

Obama is a smelter.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomerang View Post
            Sierra responds...just like $2,000+ ARs now under $1,000 and some just over $500.

http://sierrabullets.wordpress.com/2...ierra-bullets/
            good.to know. now if all the hoarders would read it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              Seems to me the stockpilers might not be the goobers after all !
              But they are. Think about it long and hard. A few guys and some .22's and .223's with tons of ammo but still only a few guys behind the rifle vs an ARMY.

Comment

People really need to research stuff from more than one source.
                Bush's EPA started this in 2008. Can't blame king Hussein for this one.

Comment

Working...
                X