No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only saw 1 bull about 400 yard and running away..really fast.

Comment

I saw nothing again today and even got up and moved some. Did any of you have luck today or has there been anything added to the board?

Comment

Nothing added to the board when we went by around 5. We biked in all the way to the back of 8 I guess. At the last gate just go straight, jumped 3 yearling and a big cow. We have been pushing the brush and finding them laying down. Seems to be the only way we could find them. We are headed home in the morning as we have work wednesday. Good luck fellow TBH's.
        Last edited by calfroper_06; 12-04-2017, 07:25 PM.

Comment

I left after Sunday. It was a tough hunt but I think I learned a lot from it. I hope I get drawn again, the challenge is worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stout0811 View Post
            Have you hunted in 3 yet? I haven't hunted this place its my first time getting drawn and it was for rifle the last group. This thread is great because the info that you all put on here is good way to scout being so far away.

For rifle, find the wide open units and be patient. Stay still and you’ll get a shot. I don’t know how they will be acting after being gun hunted, but I saw plenty out in the wide open staying far away from all the places hunters were set up. But I Also would find them in the thick stuff. Hopefully the gun hunters won’t be tripping over each other like the gun hunters were. I know I walked in front of people not realizing and felt terrible about it. and when I was settled in spots I would pick out hunters moving all over the place. Good luck. Good boots. Good bike. Sweat rag.

Comment

Laguna Ataoscas 2017-2018

My group has seen Nilgai every day with one shot at and missed. It’s been way more challenging than I thought it would be but I’m still optimistic we can get lucky in the morning. I definitely would want to come back though. The challenge is what makes it rewarding in the end.

Comment

I saw a cow this morning but couldn’t get a shot. We had a good time even though we didn’t get a kill this week. I hope fellow TBH’s had better luck than we did.

Comment

Originally posted by Gopher View Post
                  For rifle, find the wide open units and be patient. Stay still and you’ll get a shot. I don’t know how they will be acting after being gun hunted, but I saw plenty out in the wide open staying far away from all the places hunters were set up. But I Also would find them in the thick stuff. Hopefully the gun hunters won’t be tripping over each other like the gun hunters were. I know I walked in front of people not realizing and felt terrible about it. and when I was settled in spots I would pick out hunters moving all over the place. Good luck. Good boots. Good bike. Sweat rag.

Thanks for the advice buddy I'm getting pretty pumped about this hunt and spending time with my dad and brother it has been a long time since the three of us have hunted together. I guess when I got married and moved out of state that kind of happens. But any other advise would be great I'm never too old to learn or heard what others have to say on things. Hopefully I get some good news on my Heel and Achilles tomorrow I had surgery on them in Oct. fingers cross!!

Comment

What an awesome experience. Was on Nilgai every day, got a slightly quartering away shot of on a blue bull day one but didn't get the penetration I needed.

Saw almost every animal in Texas (Nilgai, Whitetail, Javelina, Hogs, Bobcat, Coyote, Rattlesnake, Texas Tortoise...) will put in for this hunt every year.

Didn't get a Nilgai but got on the board with these two Hogs [Video]

https://youtu.be/egvn0aZXevQ

Here are a few of my pics:

Last edited by BigLig; 12-07-2017, 08:32 AM. Reason: Adding pictures

Comment

That's so cool! Awesome job!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigLig View Post
                        What an awesome experience. Was on Nilgai every day, got a slightly quartering away shot of on a blue bull day one but didn't get the penetration I needed.

Saw almost every animal in Texas (Nilgai, Whitetail, Javelina, Hogs, Bobcat, Coyote, Rattlesnake, Texas Tortoise...) will put in for this hunt every year.

Didn't get a Nilgai but got on the board with these two Hogs [Video]

https://youtu.be/egvn0aZXevQ

Here are a few of my pics:

Great job.

Comment

Great job BigLig, great placement on the arrow and camera. What kind of camo are u wearing

Comment

Biglig awesome video!! Congrats

Comment

Nice placement on that hog. What a shot.

Comment

Nice shot, at least you got on the board

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X