X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FDPBrooks View Post
    Got one on Tuesday [ATTACH]903694[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This can't be true must be an attempt to keep the competition from trespassing or outbidding him for private leases. We all know there are no deer or turkeys on public land only nocturnal hogs and raccoons.

Comment

Spent the morning scouting up around Whitesboro and decided to come back through LBJ and walk around an area that I had scouted for the past couple of years, but hadn't had a chance to hunt it.

It was one of the areas that was burned in the past few months, and it's beautiful! All of the understory has been replaced with green, just about all of the useless cedar looks to be dead. Hopefully get to hunt it this October, and wish other federal lands had prescribed burns.

Comment

Pics. My rear, good sized porker, yotes, and a doe that fixin to put a fawn on the ground. You can see from the pics, fire killed the most of the cedar and green forbs, greenbriar in its place. Was rather warm today.
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm getting anxious to setup some trail cameras! I think I'm going to wait until about August this year. Have a few new spots in mind. I can't wait for October!

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
            I'm getting anxious to setup some trail cameras! I think I'm going to wait until about August this year. Have a few new spots in mind. I can't wait for October!
            I've been scouting a few new plots I want to try as well this next year. You been out to GV for any hogs?
            Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Txbowslaughter; 05-29-2018, 09:09 PM.

Comment

I haven't but I need to.

Comment

Got a few cams set up yesterday, tore through more poison ivy and water bottles than I thought I would of but that’s okay. Couple ticks, but mostly its HOT! Haha

Comment

Happy Father's Day fellas!

Comment

Originally posted by Champlaya7 View Post
                    Got a few cams set up yesterday, tore through more poison ivy and water bottles than I thought I would of but that’s okay. Couple ticks, but mostly its HOT! Haha
                    Yup. Never a shortage of Ivy n Ticks out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JB3 View Post
                      Yup. Never a shortage of Ivy n Ticks out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

That’s why I invest heavily in permethrin!!!
                      I got into a HUGE chigger thicket 3 years ago and ended up with over 300 of the little buggers all the way up to my armpits. Add in a little poison ivy, and I had to have 2 rounds of steroids to kick it all.

Also, should we start a 2018 LBJ thread???

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                        That’s why I invest heavily in permethrin!!!
                        I got into a HUGE chigger thicket 3 years ago and ended up with over 300 of the little buggers all the way up to my armpits. Add in a little poison ivy, and I had to have 2 rounds of steroids to kick it all.

Also, should we start a 2018 LBJ thread???

Probably about that time. Have 2 new spots I'm excited about this year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rich1201 View Post
                          Probably about that time. Have 2 new spots I'm excited about this year.

I will always throw a few sits on a buck or two on LBJ, but the tracks are so small that it’s just too hard to get away from the crowd. I like those properties that I know there is little chance that anyone has sat within 300 yards of my setup all year. It’s hard to get that anywhere on LBJ.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                            I will always throw a few sits on a buck or two on LBJ, but the tracks are so small that it’s just too hard to get away from the crowd. I like those properties that I know there is little chance that anyone has sat within 300 yards of my setup all year. It’s hard to get that anywhere on LBJ.

Agreed. Taking the kids wife and kids camping at Lake Cooper this weekend. Hope to get in a little scouting. I like the large continuous areas like Pat Mayse but LBJ is just so close lol. Having said that I got my first 2 bow skills there last season.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletpusher View Post
                              I scored good today. Plenty of smaller stuff running around but rattled him in all the way to my tree. 7 yard shot. 24" inside spread.

You got a picture of this deer on the wall now? What a stud of a buck!

Comment

Working...
                              X