2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    I thought I saw your truck rolling down the beach around 11?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yep. That was me. I was trying to hang around until the tide turned hoping the bite would turn on, but I got called in to work so I had to boogie.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      Yep. That was me. I was trying to hang around until the tide turned hoping the bite would turn on, but I got called in to work so I had to boogie.
      We fished till 1230 or so and it never turned. The fish did seem to pick up a hair but as you know it was a grind today.

We finally learned the trout seemed to hang out under those huge rafts of mullet

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah that's where I caught my trout. There was millions of little 3/4" menhaden with birds crashing on them, I figured there would have been fish with them but there was nothing. I think the water is still just a little too cold. Another couple weeks and it'll be on.

Comment

About to leave the house for a day tripper, me and a buddy will
          Yak the upper laguna. Hopefully we will snag some.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
            About to leave the house for a day tripper, me and a buddy will
            Yak the upper laguna. Hopefully we will snag some.
            What the what bro. Lemme know when you guys are gonna do another day trip. I’ll tag along

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              Same here. Water was a little chilly but beautiful, lots of bait, not much for trout. I caught one that was around 24", and a few smacks. Beat the hell out of working though.
              This was exactly my day in the surf between access 5 and the pass. 1 trout 24" at 10:00.. Caught it on a Mirrordine. Junked everything in my box.. Gave up at 11:30. Talked to several throwing live shrimp and they were skunked..

I'm thinking about hitting it again here shortly..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                This was exactly my day in the surf between access 5 and the pass. 1 trout 24" at 10:00.. Caught it on a Mirrordine. Junked everything in my box.. Gave up at 11:30. Talked to several throwing live shrimp and they were skunked..

I'm thinking about hitting it again here shortly..

We must have been pretty close. I usually fish down by the cars when I fish SS. I had to work today, going to East Matty in the morning. I'll wait it for it to warm up a bit before I try it again.

Comment

Good luck boys, hit west Matty on Wednesday evening and 3rd cast out of the boat a 22 inch trout, last one caught but the redfish were stacked on top of each other. Caught 15 or so easy limit, left them biting.

Comment

Did anyone else have to grind it out today? I fished from 9am till 4pm in West matagorda. Didn’t pull a fish out of the water. Gamewardens pulled in behind me at the ramp in palacios. Said that the only people they checked who had fish, had gone offshore and caught some snapper.

I’ll be back at it again in the morning. It’s still blowing pretty good here, doubt I’ll make the run to south shore line again. If the wind doesn’t lay tonight I’ll be fishing around carancahua
                    Some pics from today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My uncle got a Texas slam today. Limit of trout, 2 reds, and a flounder.

Comment

We had 2 limits of reds and 2 trout today.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                          We had 2 limits of reds and 2 trout today.

That’s awesome!!! Was that down at bird island??

Comment

We got another sword today.

We also lost a big one at the boat after a 4 hr fight, but we will get it next time.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                              Did anyone else have to grind it out today? I fished from 9am till 4pm in West matagorda. Didn’t pull a fish out of the water. Gamewardens pulled in behind me at the ramp in palacios. Said that the only people they checked who had fish, had gone offshore and caught some snapper.

I’ll be back at it again in the morning. It’s still blowing pretty good here, doubt I’ll make the run to south shore line again. If the wind doesn’t lay tonight I’ll be fishing around carancahua
                              Some pics from today.

I’m glad it wasn’t only me today. I caught a few whiting in the surf [emoji23]. Waded in Oso bay for about two hours after that, not even a nibble.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                                That’s awesome!!! Was that down at bird island??

Yes sir! It was tough fishing bites were far and few between. m

Comment

Working...
                                X