No announcement yet.

Homemade Archery Target

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't get the carpet rubber 'crud' on your arrows? One local archery club has several large ones set up outdoors, and that happens to you arrows.

Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
      You don't get the carpet rubber 'crud' on your arrows? One local archery club has several large ones set up outdoors, and that happens to you arrows.

Nice work.
      No sir, I do not. My arrows stay clean. I wonder if it is the type of carpet he used or maybe some carpet padding was in it. I do not know what could have caused it. Thanks.

Comment

Thats awsome looking way cheeper than a good target and better than the cheep targets

Comment

Clever man!

Comment

Great target. I saw some made like this several years ago, except cardboard was used instead of carpet.

Comment

I saw one similar on you tube

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
              We got us a project Sammy!
              I plan to build the one I saw on you tube but add the rolling cart like this one. Excellent job!

I too have a project this weekend. lol

Comment

Originally posted by imsowright View Post
                The only complaint I got on this is the arrows are pretty tough to pull out, but its not too bad.
                Disassemble the top and take out 2-3 pieces of carpet and reassemble--mine has the all-thread compression system and I can adjust tension to suit me.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Archer View Post
                  my dad used to take burlap sacks and the heavy plastic that automotive parts would come in (he was a auto body man), and cram those plastic wrappings into the burlap sacks, and that worked GREAT! Then just spray paint your dots on the sack.

not good for broad heads though.
                  That's exactly what I started doing (minus the automotive aspect)!!!

Comment

good job

Comment

Nice I bet all carpet stores have scratch/ trash peices to make it. Looks good.

Comment

like the way it looks

Comment

So it's been a while now since this was posted. I'd like to know if the people that did this and made targets out of this had any pointers or thought of what they'd do differently before I go make mine. I was thinking of maybe adding a roof to it so I can leave it outside in the elements. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Esca View Post
                            So it's been a while now since this was posted. I'd like to know if the people that did this and made targets out of this had any pointers or thought of what they'd do differently before I go make mine. I was thinking of maybe adding a roof to it so I can leave it outside in the elements. Any suggestions?
                            I will tell you. I am still using this target today. Most of my family uses this target. It still is not fazed much. The only thing that needs to be done rarly is placing a new outside piece of carpet on it. I do move it inside after use. The arrows sometimes are hard to pull out, so I use a little arrow lube. Anyways, it has been a great target. Your idea may work good to be able to leave it out.

Comment

nice build!

Comment

Or the Lazy Way

Originally posted by Esca View Post
                                I used to do this with cardboard but got tired of replacing it (cardboard). Spent a little money and redesigned. Spent a little more $ but a LOT less time & labor:

Comment

Working...
                                X