Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

So what is wrong with watermelon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what is wrong with watermelon?

I like it (watermelon that is).

A newly hired firefighter was terminated before he started after a gift he gave was “deemed offensive.”

I don't get it either, but I do like yellow meat watermelon the best.

Comment

The race baiters have lost their minds. Next they will just be able to say they think you are racists and you can be fired. Pretty much what is happening here anyway.

Comment

That as a dumb move on his part

Comment

Bet the watermelon got eaten....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
            That as a dumb move on his part

Why someone have a special claim on certain types of food? What is marketed as soul food today was what us poor white trash kids grew up on on the old home farm.

Comment

I see a wrongful termination suit in the future. I think all he has to substantiate is "x %" of the entire population consume watermelon. Outcome will depend on the bench.

It's not like he brought fried chicken,'malt liquor AND watermelon. Now that would have been racist..!

Can you imagine if a black dude had brought white bread and bologna for example, and was fired from a 90% white station. The claim would be he was fired because he was black. Maybe this guy was actually fired because he was white.

Comment

They can fire him for whatever they want. Just like the NFL can fire you if you don’t stand for the anthem. It works both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Phdan View Post
                  Why someone have a special claim on certain types of food? What is marketed as soul food today was what us poor white trash kids grew up on on the old home farm.
                  There are literally 1000’s of other foods he could have brought to a firehouse that was 90% black. Why even risk it? Just bring cookies or something.

Comment

There are literally 1000’s of other foods he could have brought to a firehouse that was 90% black. Why even risk it? Just bring cookies or something.

Shouldn't have to. Food is food.

Comment

Chicken?
                      Colored greens?

Since when is food being associated to a race a bad ****ing thing?

You think the chinese give a **** a **** if you bring RICE or noodles to an outing they are a part of?

Its stupid and its petty.

Comment

Man I don't understand the watermelon thing either. I got in trouble for that in school as well. I didn't grow up in a racist family I had never previously known that watermelon was a racist food until I was told be some black classmates. (watermelon bubble gum)

Comment

some folks is jus lookin' to have somethin' to get all butthurt over...

Comment

They didn't even get to eat it. Somebody stole it.

Comment

Dang y'all making me hungry.

Comment

Working...
                              X