*New Texas Record!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catarina View Post
    Cool rack but kind of a shame when it comes to the state record. I bet within the next 5 years the "state record" will be around 400". Deer like this one are just products of years of turning out breeder bucks and does. Calling it a pasture born deer doesnt mean much and is not the same as a pasture born buck on a regular high fenced ranch with native deer

Isn't there a distinction between native pasture born and introduced genetics in the record keeping? If not that is sure a shame. Though I appreciate both, there should be separate categories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JSAPP View Post
      Isn't there a distinction between native pasture born and introduced genetics in the record keeping? If not that is sure a shame. Though I appreciate both, there should be separate categories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I don't see how there could be. If a deer doesn't have an ear tag, tattoo, etc. it's not a "captive" deer. Trying to validate every ranch that brings in a deer, and the complete history of fencing, past ownership, etc would be fairly difficult.

and if you want to go back to the 1930's and 1940's, there are a lot of areas in the state that have re-introduced genetics, so how the line would be drawn in the sand, would be difficult.

if that deer was born in the pasture, and grew that set of horns in the pasture over however many years, it is what it is.
      Last edited by kyle1974; 10-08-2016, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Las Raices still holds the record in my book, not that my book matters lol. But congrats to the ranch and hunter
        Last edited by shunter14; 10-08-2016, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
          I don't see how there could be. If a deer doesn't have an ear tag, tattoo, etc. it's not a "captive" deer. Trying to validate every ranch that brings in a deer, and the complete history of fencing, past ownership, etc would be fairly difficult.

and if you want to go back to the 1930's and 1940's, there are a lot of areas in the state that have re-introduced genetics, so how the line would be drawn in the sand, would be difficult.

if that deer was born in the pasture, and grew that set of horns in the pasture over however many years, it is what it is.

I guess you're right. It would be near impossible.

Comment

Cool rack but kind of a shame when it comes to the state record. I bet within the next 5 years the "state record" will be around 400". Deer like this one are just products of years of turning out breeder bucks and does. Calling it a pasture born deer doesnt mean much and is not the same as a pasture born buck on a regular high fenced ranch with native deer

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

I know of one ranch that has low fence, all native pastures, pastures with native genetics released form dmp pens, and full breeding program in other areas. But it's all the same ranch. I highly doubt it's the only one in the state.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Very true. This will end a lot of participation in the TBGA entries. It's been happening for several years. Ruined the deer contests and TBGA is next.

Comment

really nice deer! my opinion is be happy for the guy. am I jealous? well duh! I don't see why we as hunters bash other hunters simply because its not something we would do. we have enuff grief from anti's. we don't need any from our own.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                    Very true. This will end a lot of participation in the TBGA entries. It's been happening for several years. Ruined the deer contests and TBGA is next.
                    Yep, I used to look at the Los Cazodores contest site every week to see what was entered. A 200" deer made noise. Now they are a dime a dozen.

Comment

Mercy. Is that a cedar on it's head...?

Comment

Nice

Comment

Awesome buck,congratulations to the Hunter.

Comment

Wow. I would need some new britches if he walked out. What a toad!!

Comment

Thought this thread was drug up cause the buck got beat. I got a pic of a freaky deer today

617 2/8

Comment

Can't make the book- high fence, penned up deer. Not hatin', just a fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X