My new toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new toy

Got my new warf rig set up yesterday and dang it shoots good. I've had alot of warf bows in the past but this riser takes the cake. Proline warf with dryad bamboo acs limbs stable and fast. I have another set of limbs on the way with a more conventional profile. I'm going to set it up to shoot off the shelf without a plunger so as to be legal for most shoots. You guys should try a warf if you haven't l.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Cool!

Bisch

Comment

Nice one.

Comment

I shot some 700 grain woods out of it and it almost knocked my bag over. I have some laminated Birch I'm going to make that might hit 800 grains 55@30 going to be my pig bow. I'm going to see about one of thise laser lights for the stabilizer

Comment

I still am planning on doing a warf at some point. I have an old Warthog that is dying to be transformed. Pretty chunky and weighty just in riser mass, but none the lessI think it will shape up nice.

Comment

What arrows and heads are you using for a 700 grain set-up if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

I have full length Douglas fir 85-90 # spine weight of 550 bare with poly finish adding about 25g and 145 grain heads older Grizzly right wing made out of the hard steel. I'm able to shoot heavy spined woods due to my dl and keeping the arrows full length

Comment

If you contact surewood shafts they will find the lightest or heaviest shafts they have in Stock I ordered one dozen light and one heavy there are about 150g difference in them

Comment

Thanks for the info. May try some heavies for my Longbow soon.

Comment

Surewood is the way to go I prefer cedars but man I throw alot away before I find good ones. The fir are all good from surewood

Comment

Very nice!!!

Comment

You're right about that. Surewood shafts are about as straight as they come. I hardly ever need to straighten one when making arrows and the spine and weights are matched very well. Usually I got no more difference than +/- 10-15 grains across a dozen shafts.

Comment

Working...
                        X