Kuiu camo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raiderelkhunter View Post
    Kuiu is awesome for sitting in a blind. lol. not sure what the fascination is with Kuiu or Sitka for Texas deer hunting. **** measuring contest?
    Sitka's whitetail line is actually pretty good. With some stout insulation pieces

I like kuiu tribron and 160 wool for antelope hunting. Although I almost froze to death one morning since temps dropped to 30.

its in 80's in Webb county this week.

Although I prefer Cabelas Berber pull over down here I like my kuiu and firstlite layering system out west

Comment

Kuiu is awesome for sitting in a blind. lol. not sure what the fascination is with Kuiu or Sitka for Texas deer hunting. **** measuring contest?
      Sometimes they let us hayseeds travel other places to kill stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
        ... it means they fit like yoga pants

you sir are a good man

Comment

I tried on a large vest at the DSC show last week, over a sweater, button down, under shirt. Way too tight, even removing the sweater. Also tried on a 2xl jacket over the same clothes and it fit like a Large Tall. Hence, I second the "athletic fit" comments. Order as such.

Comment

Just giving everyone a hard time lol I had to sell so much of my hunting clothes when we moved up here to buy First Lite as all my Texas hunting apparel was too heavy and warm for hiking my *** off in the hills looking for wapiti.

I agree the Sitka whitetail line is nice, but spendy as hell. Cabelas outfitter fleece is the bomb for cold *** Texas sits!

Comment

Great quality camo clothing. It is all I wear now. Extremely light weight.

Comment

extremely light weight, very comfortable, its great for mild cold weather hunts and if you walk a bit to your stand or blind, for frigid cold I still prefer my cabelas marino wool and ect.. but I mean we live in texas and one day its 20 and the next is 90, so I barely get to wear the cabelas gear because it makes me sweat quite a bit once I'm walking to my blind

Comment

My son has a sitka jacket and pants and he looked way more comfortable than me and WCB in the blind at H this weekend when it was 4.

Comment

i ordered a size larger in anticipation for the smedium fit. I have the Sitka Fanatic top and bibs for the tree stand when it gets really cold and i like that stuff.. just not for walk and stalk.. thanks for the help fellas. And raiderelkhunter, its not for north texas! Haha
                    Last edited by taylormade820; 01-12-2017, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Whatever you do get all your pieces from base to outer layers the same size the system is made to work together

Comment

great stuff, order shirts jackets and vest order a size up. Their tops run small.....pants run true to size.

Compared to Sitka their stuff is great and priced better

Comment

Originally posted by J.B. View Post
                          great stuff, order shirts jackets and vest order a size up. Their tops run small.....pants run true to size.

Compared to Sitka their stuff is great and priced better
                          Jackets run small too? Base should be tight next layers a bit looser and outer layer (jackets) fit over all that but still snug. If a jacket is worn without the layers it would be a bit more loose.

Maybe the athletic fit just isn't comfortable to some people though

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                            Jackets run small too? Base should be tight next layers a bit looser and outer layer (jackets) fit over all that but still snug. If a jacket is worn without the layers it would be a bit more loose.

Maybe the athletic fit just isn't comfortable to some people though
                            Frankly speaking, what percentage of people on his board actually have an athletic build that would match kuiu's tailoring style? Maybe 15%??? It's no surprise it Doesn't fit "true to size" for a lot of people when you think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
                              Frankly speaking, what percentage of people on his board actually have an athletic build that would match kuiu's tailoring style? Maybe 15%??? It's no surprise it Doesn't fit "true to size" for a lot of people when you think about it.
                              True. It fits true to their measurements they show in the sizing chart though if people take the time to check their measurements. Obviously if your chest would fit but your waist was bigger then that shirt would be snug in the gut and need a bigger size.

A lot more than 15% of mountain hunters (which it's made for) will have an athletic build though

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                                True. It fits true to their measurements they show in the sizing chart though if people take the time to check their measurements. Obviously if your chest would fit but your waist was bigger then that shirt would be snug in the gut and need a bigger size.

A lot more than 15% of mountain hunters (which it's made for) will have an athletic build though
                                Completely agree

Comment

Working...
                                X