X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do it! Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Well camp is but 300 yards away and he's still mowing so idk if I will see anything or not. Feeder has already thrown but I got here asaic.
      Last edited by DRT; 12-27-2016, 05:11 PM.

Comment

A rabbit. That's all. Will see what shows in the morning.

Gary

Comment

I will try to take my hung over butt to stand in the morning.

Gary

Comment

Get some small game points and shoot those rabbits!! I was seeing them all the time, then started taking a small game point and they disappeared lol.

Comment

I have some at home. This was a quick work trip I just tried to hunt some. No shower the last two days had the doe snorting down wind and I'm fixing to get back to the house and start working again.

Gary

Comment

It's weird that I feel guilty perusing the traditional section while hunting with my compound.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                  I had mine get loose once, but only because I didn't tighten it down enough.

i had one 3 years ago and the limb bolt basically cracked in half and it made my limbs start to crack also, don't know what happen, just one of those things that happens sometimes

Comment

Good luck

Comment

traditional bowhunting is 100% mental, plus you have to be ok with not tagging a deer every year, i have other weapons but i went all stickbow for the first time ever this year and got no deer, but no regrets...i learned a ton

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                        traditional bowhunting is 100% mental, plus you have to be ok with not tagging a deer every year, i have other weapons but i went all stickbow for the first time ever this year and got no deer, but no regrets...i learned a ton

Once you learn a bit more, and of course, if you have a place to hunt where there are deer to shoot, you can go years and years with getting deer every year!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                          Once you learn a bit more, and of course, if you have a place to hunt where there are deer to shoot, you can go years and years with getting deer every year!!

Bisch
                          yeah I didn't get to hunt a lot in archery only season, when I started hunting a lot in November I couldn't kill any does at the time due to antlerless restrictions and I had 6 does in 3 sits within 10 yards lol...that's about right, I had bucks all around me but just out of stickbow range, it was fun though, one more sit on sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch
                            Yep, this is the "goal" I am working towards. It is why I follow the mantra that I have picked up from here : "nothing wrong with other methods, but you won't kill an animal with trad gear when you sit with something other than trad gear."

Comment

I'm not okay with not filling tags. I kill stuff. That's what I do. I fix stuff and I kill stuff. How it gets done is what is different here. I know I'm not where I will be 3, 6, 9 months from now. But I will kill my deer. No question in my mind.

Because that is who I am.

Gary

Comment

Well done at the lease. I have one tag left. Taking the recurve to the ranch tomorrow and sit the evening. Saving it for an unlucky doe.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X