2014 Chevy AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2014 Chevy AC

Anyone else own a ‘14-‘15 Silverado and have the condenser go out? Sucks to the tune of $800. Classic Chevrolet in grapevine was no help.

I have a 14 and noticed the AC isn't blowing cold. Haven't had a chance to take it to my Mechanic yet.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
      Anyone else own a ‘14-‘15 Silverado and have the condenser go out? Sucks to the tune of $800. Classic Chevrolet in grapevine was no help.
      Google it. Common problem as mine had a small leak at a weld. Was under warranty and not covered. Said it was abuse lol.

Comment

Yup, poor manufacturing. They should have used high strength steel instead of aluminum

Comment

I’ve had it go out on all 3 of my 15s, and everyone of our fleet trucks. $800 is WAY high. $402 is the most I’ve paid out of warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
            Google it. Common problem as mine had a small leak at a weld. Was under warranty and not covered. Said it was abuse lol.
            At least 7-8 of ours have been warrantied. I’d rather pay an individual mechanic though. Our warrantied trucks took weeks due to the backprder of the parts. Local AC shop and we’ve been in and out within the day every time.

Comment

My wife’s ‘15 Yukon just did the same thing a few days ago and recharged with dye. Sounds like whe’re going to find the same thing.

Comment

Guy at work had his ‘15 do it twice so far

Comment

Oh man. Chevy is letting me down

Comment

2014 Chevy, my condenser leaked and I had to replace it. Terrible design flaw. $605 to fix is what I was charged

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                      Oh man. Chevy is letting me down
                      While I agree that’s it’s a widely known issue that should’ve been corrected a long time ago our Chevy fleet has still been cheaper to maintain than any others. I’d still choose Chevy for our fleet. We haven’t had any other issues whatsoever, and these are hard miles.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                        While I agree that’s it’s a widely known issue that should’ve been corrected a long time ago our Chevy fleet has still been cheaper to maintain than any others. I’d still choose Chevy for our fleet. We haven’t had any other issues whatsoever, and these are hard miles.
                        Any tundras in your fleet?

Comment

I've got a 2015 Silverado. My compressor didn't go out. It blew a hole in itself almost the size of a baseball.

Extended warranty paid for it, so not too big of a deal for me.

Comment

My wife's '14 Silverado just had the a/c go out. Had a very small leak at a weld too.

Comment

Great my 2014 will probably wait till hot summer to turn on me

Comment

Working...
                              X