Barndo build, on a budget!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barndo build, on a budget!

Howdy folks! After some encouragement from others on a different Barndo thread, I decided to start a follow along thread on my Barndo build. We purchased 4.7 acres in Rockne (Bastrop County) to build on. Half open, half brush with a small pond, and even seen a few deer recently!

The specs on the barndo are:
    1987 sq ft living
    613 shop
    325 porch

My plans for the metal building are to sub out slab, rough in plumbing, and building erection. Once the building is up, I'll take the reins from there and do the majority of the interior myself. I was fortunate in that several of my high school buddies went different trade routes, so I have a buddy that will help me do the wiring, and another buddy who will help AC/ducts. My father is a wiz on framing, so we will do all the framing inside the barn.

I've set a goal of staying under $115,000 on the barndo. I've come under budget on a few items, but was hit with a few surprises (fill dirt for the slab!!). If I can do this, I will have some nice equity in the house come move in based off of the initial appraisal. I would like to spruce it up some for my soon to be wifey, which includes a rock facade around 3 sides of the building, and a fancy front porch. Hopefully the budget will allow for it.

I will update with pictures as much as possible. As many know, I'm running for office and getting married, so I hardy have time to scratch my rear these days. Should be a fun ride nonetheless! Thanks for following along.

Here, FIFY
    1987 sq ft shop
    613 shop
    325 living

Comment

Excellent. Can't wait to see pics.

Comment

Sounds fun...except for scratching your rear end. I'll keep an eye out for updates.

Comment

gonna follow this one.....

Comment

In for the build!

Comment

Good luck, can't wait to see your project

Comment

Good luck, can't wait to follow along

Comment

Cool

Comment

In on this one

Comment

In to follow this one Colton. What is your time table looking like?

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                        Here, FIFY
                        1987 sq ft shop
                        613 shop
                        325 living
                        Haha!! I like it!

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                        In to follow this one Colton. What is your time table looking like?
                        I hope to have the building up and dried in by the first week of March. The rest will depend a little on the outcome of the March 1st election. If I win outright without a runoff, I'll be able to devote all of my attention to the house and hope to be moved in by the end of June. If it goes to a runoff, I'll get delayed a little longer.

Comment

Let me know if you need help. We have lots of equipment I can bring over on the weekends.

Comment

In for the build...man I wish I could convince the ole ball and chain to do this!

Comment

In for this!

Comment

Working...
                              X