THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
    That was unit I past the police academy. I and II have been pretty rough this year as far as idiots and thugs...
    Call the cops every time this kinda stuff happens. The ONLY way we will get it stopped is to get it all documented so the Lake Division can show city council the number of calls generated by this kind of violations. NOBODY is suppsed to be free shooting around out there for ANY reason. NOT even 2-3 rounds "sighting in" There are few hunting regs on the books for TBR at this time (not for long) and this is one of them. It has been overlooked in the past by the old Lake and Parks Police (now defunct) but its an all new ballgame out there now. I know half the guys on the new patrol out there and they are avid hunters and guides and they are taking our natural resources out the to heart.

Comment

Found a new link to the TBR unit map..... Thanks for the tip Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
        Found a new link to the TBR unit map..... Thanks for the tip Rob.

http://gis.sanangelotexas.us/maps/huntingarea_ap.pdf
        No prob sorry I wasnt in town to show ya around some.......gimmee a heads up next time and I'll try to do better for ya.

Comment

I'm trying to work it out to come up sometime between the 20th-2nd

Comment

running tbr like state park

i hope if they make tbr a hunting area like state park i hope they do a better job of running the hunts out there or u want be hunting but 1 month out of the season and it will be split up in 2 months in 2 different hunts and they will want to turn it into there private ranch and recreation area for biking and horse backing oh and a little hiking so watch what u wish for out there all for safety and getting rid of rif raf but they can take it to extremes

Comment

Originally posted by rbertman View Post
              i hope if they make tbr a hunting area like state park i hope they do a better job of running the hunts out there or u want be hunting but 1 month out of the season and it will be split up in 2 months in 2 different hunts and they will want to turn it into there private ranch and recreation area for biking and horse backing oh and a little hiking so watch what u wish for out there all for safety and getting rid of rif raf but they can take it to extremes
              Lets not go getting crazy with stuff like that........they are ONLY trying to pattern the HUNTING regs for OUR SAFETY after the state park SYSTEMs regs. There isnt going to be closures for draw hunts etc. or anything of that nature.

I was messaged just yesterday as the Lake Division supervisor for SAPD was going before City Council to propose the reworking of an already existing ordinance on what firearms are allowed at TBR. It already states Bow and shotgun only but because it doesnt state NO high powered rifles pistols etc. some idiots seem to take that as "well it doesnt say ya cant"? mentality. Common sense should prevail on this issue already but because some people will push envelope on what most would understand without question we have to waste city time money and manpower to write and enforce more and stricter ordinances because they want to bend the rules and endanger others.

This is also the reason we will now have MANY new changes and rules thanks to those that think our local lands are their personal shooting gallery and garbage dump.

I for one am extremely grateful to those guys that are there to protect what is ours, SAPD and the GW's alike, to make the place much more enjoyable for lawabiding citizens that wish to enjoy the public lands near our homes with our friends and family without having to worry about run ins with scumbags and/getting shot by irresponsible clowns on 4 wheelers and shotguns running down deer like crazed maniacs.

Comment

San Angelo City Council Meeting

As SAB has probably mentioned, the City will meet in Feb. to review and possibly finalize some or all changes to the TBR area. Below is a link to the Dec. 7th Meeting agenda. You will just have to do a find on "twin buttes" to narrow your search.

I am keeping an opened mind until I see what all the changes are going to be. My concern is where are they are going to put in the pipe railing and gates.
                Last edited by TXHORNZ; 12-08-2010, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Not sure about the gate issue but I knew it was coming. The times they will be closed is up in the air. The issue is about the dumping that occurs at NIGHT and how to stop people from doing it since SAPD cannot be evrywhere at once. I for one am all for whatever stops or deters scumbags from dumping their couches and household garbage in the middle of my hunts.

YES there will be changes and inconveniences BUT look at the brighter side of things that come with it as well..........Lazy road hunters on 4 wheelers and dumpers will NOT go walking into your hunts anymore. Those with the will and the skill will prevail with a MUCH better hunting experience.

DID y'all know that one of the best bowhunting units at TBR is ALREADY a walk-in only unit?

So before everyone gets in an uproar lets see what comes outta this. These changes are being done for YOU to better your hunting experience. If ya want to voice your opinion on the matters get to a city council meeting! If ya stay on the couch at home then ya really dont have any ground to stand on when its all said and done. Call your district rep, call the city mgr., talk to the GW when ya see them, or talk to the Lake Division folks and ask question or voice your concerns, but if ya realy wanna get heard GET INVOLVED.

Comment

Best TBR walk-in unit.

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
                    Not sure about the gate issue but I knew it was coming. The times they will be closed is up in the air. The issue is about the dumping that occurs at NIGHT and how to stop people from doing it since SAPD cannot be evrywhere at once. I for one am all for whatever stops or deters scumbags from dumping their couches and household garbage in the middle of my hunts.

YES there will be changes and inconveniences BUT look at the brighter side of things that come with it as well..........Lazy road hunters on 4 wheelers and dumpers will NOT go walking into your hunts anymore. Those with the will and the skill will prevail with a MUCH better hunting experience.

DID y'all know that one of the best bowhunting units at TBR is ALREADY a walk-in only unit?

So before everyone gets in an uproar lets see what comes outta this. These changes are being done for YOU to better your hunting experience. If ya want to voice your opinion on the matters get to a city council meeting! If ya stay on the couch at home then ya really dont have any ground to stand on when its all said and done. Call your district rep, call the city mgr., talk to the GW when ya see them, or talk to the Lake Division folks and ask question or voice your concerns, but if ya realy wanna get heard GET INVOLVED.
                    I've been wanting to take a walkabout in that unit. But I have noticed three trucks there at one time and one or two (same trucks) there occationally. I will wait till sometime after hunting season as I don't want to mess up someones hunting area at this point in the season.
                    SAB is there any livestock in that unit? Does the unit have a defined fence bountry around it? Any cross fences?
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TXHORNZ View Post
                      I've been wanting to take a walkabout in that unit. But I have noticed three trucks there at one time and one or two (same trucks) there occationally. I will wait till sometime after hunting season as I don't want to mess up someones hunting area at this point in the season.
                      SAB is there any livestock in that unit? Does the unit have a defined fence bountry around it? Any cross fences?
                      Thanks
                      There is a few live stock in that unit. A few black angus and a few dozen goats. PM me sometime and I can show ya the rest or give ya the details.

Comment

Originally posted by rbertman View Post
                        NO NO NO we dont want it to be like the state park. Dont understand I guess I have not had any trouble at TBR. I did follow 2 SAPD out after my hunt today. Not sure why they were there. But I had a nice enjoyable evenning hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Alley Dog View Post
                          NO NO NO we dont want it to be like the state park. Dont understand I guess I have not had any trouble at TBR. I did follow 2 SAPD out after my hunt today. Not sure why they were there. But I had a nice enjoyable evenning hunting.
                          Allen

Glad to hear your not having any problems like others have expeienced. Some of the issues was a group of out of towners and they are gone but there are plenty of locals bringin up the slack. Seems most of the issues are in Unit 1 & 2 and possibly why You saw those units patrolling.

Comment

Read in the paper that they are going to put up pipe fences and gates restricting vehicles from driving to most areas...there goes alot of peoples opportunities at hunting any decent duck spots.

Comment

Read in the paper that they are going to put up pipe fences and gates restricting vehicles from driving to most areas...there goes alot of peoples opportunities at hunting any decent duck spots.
                              If you have such concerns then get yourself to a city council meeting and speak on the publics behalf. If it does happen and You didnt do anything about it you have noone else to blame except guess who?

Now on the other hand......as far as Ive been told the gates are going to limit access to only certain areas that are a problem with poaching and dumping AT NIGHT. This is a GOOD thing if you are an ethical hunter, duck deer or snipe its doesnt matter. Change is coming and we'll have to adapt, but dont start getting all freaked out until we see what their intentions are. IF ya want to know what going on tho YOU need to get out and find out and ask questions to the SASP Lake Division guys and city haLL.

Comment

This would have been great when I was there. We had a boat so we never had a problem getting anywhere. Invest in a decent boat and you won't have one either!

Comment

Working...
                                X