Good wind forecast tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good wind forecast tool?

Anyone have a good site or app for forecasted wind ? Looking for something with extended and hourly forecasts. I understand like any other forecast it could be dead wrong.

Thanks!

ScoutLook

Comment

Huntstand

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
        Huntstand
        x2

Comment

I have both Scout Look and Hunt Stand. I use both but primarily Hunt Stand. I have found both to be inaccurate at times when it comes to wind and wind direction.

I use Hunt Stand primarily because of the land parcel function. I like that I can see my property outlined when referencing the wind and stand placement.

That said, I use an app called "My Weather Radar" more than anything. If you want to know the wind direction presently and in the future it is the best. It free with adds at the bottom. You have to go into the options and turn on the wind function. You can see the wind, rain, fires, etc...

Try it. You will love it. For a small fee ($2.00 I think) you can also get hurricane tracking.

Comment

I use hunt stand and aero weather. It is tied into the local airports for wind speed and direction

Comment

Primos wind
              Edit: Disregard didn’t read the whole post, primos is still pretty decsent wind app though
              Last edited by Mongo45; 11-11-2018, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Weather bug gives a 10 day forcst and hourly wind direction and speed for 7 I believe. Sometimes wrong, sometimes right. They all get their info from same place.

Comment

Don't trust any of them

Get you one of those wind indicator things that are full of powder and check it before you head to stand.

Can't tell you how many times I have been sitting in the stand, feel the wind on the back of my neck and (insert app name) says it is in my face

I have decided that the weatherman/app has about as much chance of getting things right as a witch doctor with a hand full of chicken bones and gravel

Comment

Wet finger held up in the air or a little bit of dust thrown up in the air. Zero cost!

Comment

This one right here is good for close in or broad scope wind, temp. water wave action/water temps, etc. I use it for hunting and fishing... It is sort of addicting though. It also can show broad patterns of current and forecast winds that will give you a good indication of shifting winds over time... Best one I've found...

Live wind, rain, radar or temperature maps, more than 50 weather layers, detailed forecast for your place, data from the best weather forecast models with high resolution

There is also an app for it in the app store for Apple. Probably for adenoid too, but don't have one of those so haven't checked...

Comment

I use the Windfinder app. It goes out over a week and when you trim it to super forecast (72 hrs) it’s dead nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                          Weather bug gives a 10 day forcst and hourly wind direction and speed for 7 I believe. Sometimes wrong, sometimes right. They all get their info from same place.
                          This is what I use and it's been reliable. Like many, you can access current, hourly, daily, etc. Also provides more features like sun cycles, moon, barometric pressures and now they just upgrades to show any fires.

Best thing...it's free!

Comment

windy.com

Comment

Working...
                            X