No announcement yet.

Fleas in yard!!!!????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seems someone told me sheep dip out of a pump up sprayer works. talk to an old timmer at a local feed store ( a real one not these new modern ones)

Comment

Originally posted by DrenalinJunkie View Post
      where can I get the permrthrin?

I need something that works!!!! I can't dump another grand in my yard this year TRYING to get rid of them.
      find it at most feed stores plus it keeps mosquitoes away.

Comment

x3 on the nematodes. They work!
        FREE 2-DAY SHIPPING. Beneficial Nematodes (Scanmask®) hunt and destroy over 230 different pests including fleas, fungus gnats, black vine weevils and grubs.

Dave

Comment

Can't you put water in a shallow pan and place a light over it and drown them?

Comment

Originally posted by tmag592 View Post
            Can't you put water in a shallow pan and place a light over it and drown them?
            as dry as it has been they would drink it dry....

Comment

Anyone tried this?

Comment

Originally posted by Rex View Post
                yep works well for mesquitoes.

it has 2.5 % permethrin in it

Comment

Originally posted by Rex View Post

I put this stuff out this morning and no more fleas. Last week I also put out sulfur. The fleas are terrible this year. I have been in the backyard the majority of the day and have not had a flea on me since I sprayed the yard with that stuff. Seams to be working good.

Comment

I 2nd the Demon WP. I get it at Katy Chemical on I-10 and Mason. They are a pool supply store. Mix 1 oz to gallon for inside and 2 oz gallon for outside. It is a white powder you mix with water no odor.

The dog we use Front Line once a month just put the drip on the fur on the back of their neck. Growing up we use to go to the sulfur pits in Damon and let the dogs swim in the water. Their coats would look better and no fleas.

Comment

I prefer liquid Dursban, I mix a little on the heavy side and you should be good to go. Spray early spring and again in middle of summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Boarwhisperer View Post
                        Put out the tick and bug killer every spring and it works. For some reason it worked on everything but the fleas this year. Any suggestions?

Just spread Sulfur in the yard, fleas and ticks hate it.

Comment

I always spread a little lime into the yard just after I mow the lawn. Was given this idea years ago and every year I do the same and no problems. Just make sure you dont spread too much as it will FRY your grass. " sprinkle" like a light dusting.

Comment

Malathion in an Ortho sprayer hooked up to the water hose. No more bugs period. You can get it at Lowes or H Depot. I used to use it for my plants but found after spraying the Greenhouses that nothing lives. Great stuff. Even kills wasps and yellow jackets. Found that out last week. You can get a quart to cover about 5000 sq/ft for about $8.

Comment

ya can get the demon at your local feed store. It works good.

Comment

Originally posted by bass_lander View Post
                                spray demon, then spray again for the next flea hatch and they'll be gone.
                                thats right spray demon and spray in about 6-7 days for the next hatch ...good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X