No announcement yet.

Marcus Luttrell On The Lone Star Outdoors Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe you should ask a few other servicemen who served in Afghanistan and Iraq how they feel about Marcus. You might be surprised by some of the answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Riley View Post
      Maybe you should ask a few other servicemen who served in Afghanistan and Iraq how they feel about Marcus. You might be surprised by some of the answers.
      Elaborate?

Comment

His brother was in a helicopter crash. I do not know many of the details but not everyone on board survived. His brother is in a full body cast the last I heard. You should know this before asking him any questions about him. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by AggieBall View Post
          His brother was in a helicopter crash. I do not know many of the details but not everyone on board survived. His brother is in a full body cast the last I heard. You should know this before asking him any questions about him. Good luck.
          Wow. I appreciate the heads up. The Luttrell's are a true military family.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
            Elaborate?
            Some of them don't like him. The conversations I was privy to were a while back so I can't remember the details. But some of his motives were questionable.

Comment

I have also heard that they don't like him because the book made him rich and famous. I understand those sentiments- but the bottom line is he served his country as a Navy Seal and likes to kill animals. Sounds like someone I would like to share a pitcher of beer with.

Comment

I would tend to think the man has earned the right to talk how he wants, if his show offends you dont watch it....

Cable, in the original post you had stated the condition for the interview....stick to hunting and fishing..

Comment

Some of them don't like him. The conversations I was privy to were a while back so I can't remember the details. But some of his motives were questionable.
                  I can understand their questioning of his motives. I think that he did it for the glory. I often thought of going through the toughest training in the world so that 3 of my best friends could be killed in front of me in a far away land as I fought along side of them against overwhelming odds for my and their lives for a few hours and then had to live in crappy conditions while wounded and on the run in hopes that the Taliban didn't execute me so I could then write a book about it and become rich and famous.

That would be my motive for joining the SEALS.

I have no clue about him but I would bet that Marcus Luttrell might be a somewhat arrogant, cocky and cynical SOB. To some extent I don't think that you can be a Navy SEAL without that attitude whether it shows or not. That is the nature of the beast. People that aren't self assured, are afraid to make critical decisions and don't have confidence in themselves and their team probably aren't very good warriors.

God Bless Marcus Luttrell and all of the other warriors that are confident enough to go into battle for me and everyone else in this country. I could care less what their motives are for writing books after the fact.... they have earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                    I can understand their questioning of his motives. I think that he did it for the glory. I often thought of going through the toughest training in the world so that 3 of my best friends could be killed in front of me in a far away land as I fought along side of them against overwhelming odds for my and their lives for a few hours and then had to live in crappy conditions while wounded and on the run in hopes that the Taliban didn't execute me so I could then write a book about it and become rich and famous.

That would be my motive for joining the SEALS.

I have no clue about him but I would bet that Marcus Luttrell might be a somewhat arrogant, cocky and cynical SOB. To some extent I don't think that you can be a Navy SEAL without that attitude whether it shows or not. That is the nature of the beast. People that aren't self assured, are afraid to make critical decisions and don't have confidence in themselves and their team probably aren't very good warriors.

God Bless Marcus Luttrell and all of the other warriors that are confident enough to go into battle for me and everyone else in this country. I could care less what their motives are for writing books after the fact.... they have earned it.
                    x100 Great Post !! I belong to several Military Forums and I have
                    never heard a bad word spoken about either of the Luttrell's.
                    Quite the contrary, only respect and honor for their
                    OUTSTANDING service to our Country.

Comment

Talk about the future, not the past!!! We've all heard the story before, and I am sure has got to be tired of telling it over and over.
                      Last edited by Skinny; 04-21-2010, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                        I would tend to think the man has earned the right to talk how he wants, if his show offends you dont watch it....

I sure don't

Comment

I served in Afghanistan but during the retreat of the Russian forces. That country was riddled with land mines, whipped Russians and p.o.'ed Afghani's. I personally have all the respect in the world for Marcus and all those that fell in his seal team as well as the the rest of the soldiers that died trying to rescue him and eliminate the Taliban.
                          If Marcus recieved fame and fortune from what he encountered so be it. I would never take anything away from Audie Murphy, Roy Benevides, Sgt York or any other hero that was made famous from acts of gallantry. That folks is what makes this nation Free and Great...

Comment

Marcus is a true and very dedicated warrior in defending this great nation. He has my highest respect. He has earned it. As far as SEALs being cocky and arrogant, every Frog I have met and worked with are very modest and respectful. Frogs have nothing to prove. It is displayed in the golden trident. They are very professional and quite impressive in action. I have witnessed first hand. SEALs are America's finest. GO NAVY!

Chris P.
                            Chief Petty Officer, USN, Retired

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                              I sure don't
                              I am with you Codie.. I think that the language could be toned down a great deal...

Comment

I think you'd get a chuckle out of him if you asked him if his mom forgave him for drinking the nasty water out of the Pepsi bottle.

Comment

Working...
                                X