Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants to come hunt pigs....for free.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far I have only had one come out and try to bow hunt- one fellow came out for just a few hours one evening. I waited out there one evening for him until about 11pm but he never got a shot. Said he heard quite a few but nothing ever came in.

Comment

I wonder if the activity before the hunt is spooking them? Is there a way to get it corned up a couple days early so the scent will die out? Are yall hunting the wind?

Comment

Bringing this back up to update. jvswan just had his go round with his son and friend and drew a blank- go a shot but nothing got a permanent dirt nap. Said they saw a number of pigs. Now it is mikeb1206 turn to give them a go. I pulled cards yesterday afternoon and showed them where to be this morning- two feeders had pigs coming in pretty consistently in the mornings so I am waiting for an update on how he and his son are doing. Hopefully one of us will be posting some pictures soon.

Comment

Good luck men.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

As this is winding down I will say I have pretty much enjoyed doing this. Met a bunch of TBHer's and am really considering doing this again in the spring after season is over. In fact, I am seriously thinking about letting a TBHer that doesn't have a lease for this coming season be my "proxy" hunter for a hunt during bow season at least in exchange for the promise of giving me a hand with a chore after season is over. Since I will be on the sidelines for bow season, for the first time in about 31 years, why not help one of my brothers out. Anyone that is leaseless at this time send me a PM and I will see what I can work out. Season is coming up so a pre-emptive visit to check things out will need to take place soon. All I can promise is an opportunity in the woods and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
              As this is winding down I will say I have pretty much enjoyed doing this. Met a bunch of TBHer's and am really considering doing this again in the spring after season is over. In fact, I am seriously thinking about letting a TBHer that doesn't have a lease for this coming season be my "proxy" hunter for a hunt during bow season at least in exchange for the promise of giving me a hand with a chore after season is over. Since I will be on the sidelines for bow season, for the first time in about 31 years, why not help one of my brothers out. Anyone that is leaseless at this time send me a PM and I will see what I can work out. Season is coming up so a pre-emptive visit to check things out will need to take place soon. All I can promise is an opportunity in the woods and see what happens.
              Heck of a deal Russ!

Comment

Very nice offer! Good on you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Who wants to come hunt pigs....for free.

Wanted to thank Russ for the opportunity to hunt on his lease. It was the first hunt for my son and myself. I’m sure we might have done some things differently, but we had a great time. Russ was super good and went the extra mile in helping us get settled in the property. He’s a great person and I really hope he recovers quickly!

The property is great and the feeder areas and blinds are all in good shape. We saw 6-8 pigs and my buddy with a rifle took a shot on one. Hit it high in the shoulder and it disappeared in the thickets. We also saw a monster pig with four small piggies. The little ones ran in and started eating right below the feeder. My son and I were standing in the stand ready to draw but decided to wait for the big one to settle down. Well, after a few seconds she spooked and all the pigs split...

I really appreciate Russ’s offer. Would be grateful to come out again if you decide to let some folks come try again in the Spring!

Here’s a photo of me and my son in one of the tree stands. He’s not as grumpy as he looks! He didn’t know he was in a photo and was checking his bow string or something! He had a blast!

Last edited by jvswan; 08-27-2018, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Glad you guys had fun. Maybe next time will be better.

Comment

Originally posted by jvswan View Post
                      How’s the hog hunting been going? My son and I are heading over next Thursday night. Our first hunt. Any suggestions? Russ tells me there are a couple of bow hunting tree stands. Think we should sit in the stands? Or would it be better to stalk the pigs on the ground?

What’s y’alls opinion on camo gear? I understand hogs have poor eyesight. Are ghilly suits needed? Standard camo? Normal clothes?

What about scent? Do people really use hog urine? I mean, for hunting and not just for pranking your buddies?

Any other suggestions? We’re going to have a great time regardless of our hunting success, but we’re hoping to bring home some bacon!

TIA!
                      This right here is what its all about! Doesn't get much better than seeing a new hunter get pumped up about hunting. Welcome to your new addiction bud and I wish you the best of luck

Comment

Working...
                      X